Discuss Access-only Areas Of The Forum - How Do I Gain Access? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
HOW TO ACCESS THE ELECTRICIANS ARMS

The Electricians Arms is the access-only area for professionals working in the industry. No public can see this area. So we allow discussion about trade prices of tools and products, complaints about customers and shops etc, general moans about life and the job (that perhaps you wouldn't want your customers to see etc), we have some special prices from some sponsors in this area too.

If you reach 100 posts minimum (you can view your profile by clicking on your name anywhere in the forum to see how many posts you have) then please feel free to contact one of the staff on the forum who can upgrade your account. You will need to prove you're in the trade by sending us your business details. We don't use these details for anything, just to check you're actually in the trade.

CLICK HERE TO CONTACT A STAFF MEMBER.

Last edited:
HOW TO ACCESS CCTV & ALARMS AREA

We have a hidden CCTV and Alarms area on the forum. We don't want general public to be able to find work arounds for CCTV systems and Alarms. So access is granted to those they prove they work with CCTV and Alarm systems. Contact a staff member and link them to a business listing of yours or send an invoice in that you've done, or something like that, and they'll check and let you in.

Last edited:
HOW TO ACCESS TRAINEE AREA OF THE FORUM

The Trainee Area of the forum is for those currently in some form of electrical education. Stick all your course details in the forum linked-to below and we'll check the details out and let you in.

In this area of the forum we have mentors and skilled electricians who give up their free time and help trainees with anything they're struggling with to help them learn how to do the job properly. We do NOT post answers to test questions. But we put a light-hearted spin on learning. You can often find some tests the mentors have come up with themselves that can help you learn how to work things out yourself etc. It's a brilliant resource for trainees.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE APPLICATION FORUM AREA.

Edit - info added 15/09/2019: You'll need to have made a couple of posts to the forum in general before you can access this trainee area. After checking posting patterns of users who have access to it, it seems those who get used to using the forum first will ask more questions. And it's not just a forum category to create your own information dump out of. You need to be involved in there so that you help other people in the future who might have the same questions but aren't comfortable asking them themselves right off the bat.

So make a few posts to the forum before applying. Introduce yourself, reply to any questions in that thread. Share some info on your profile perhaps. Welcome newer members maybe, by asking questions not just "hi and welcome" copy and paste replies in half a dozen threads etc.

Last edited:
HOW TO ACCESS DIY AREA OF THE FORUM

The DIY area of the forum is for homeowners who are doing their own DIY electrical works. Make sure you comply with all regulations if you are doing your own electrical works! The forum takes no liability for damage or loss of life if you're doing your own electrics. We have some forum members with access to this area who are willing to help the right DIYers. There are lots of laws you need to adhere to when doing DIY electrics. The forum is not the place to find out about those laws, you'll need to get the correct regulations from governing bodies for those who will have current up to date regulations. Your local council may need to be informed about your works too, and some need to come and check what you've done to make sure you've done it to specification. If you're alright with that, and agree to all that, come in the DIY area.

Contact a member of staff and ask for access and they'll let you in.

Last edited:
HOW TO ACCESS THE GREEN LOUNGE AREA OF THE FORUM

The green lounge is for pricing chat about solar and green energy products. Anything that you don't want the public to see you can find in this area of the forum. You'll need to prove you're in the industry to one of the staff members, and they'll let you in.

Yes. That's who it's designed for.

Click on my name, and then click Start Conversation. And fire over your business name and address. And I'll get you access. :)

We don't use these details, and certainly don't sell them or give them away. It's for us to check against and prevent sales people from companies getting access to there. And of course customers, we don't want them clocking you're moaning about them in there. ;) ;)

I've added some info to the trainee forum area:

Edit - info added 15/09/2019: You'll need to have made a couple of posts to the forum in general before you can access this trainee area. After checking posting patterns of users who have access to it, it seems those who get used to using the forum first will ask more questions. And it's not just a forum category to create your own information dump out of. You need to be involved in there so that you help other people in the future who might have the same questions but aren't comfortable asking them themselves right off the bat.

So make a few posts to the forum before applying. Introduce yourself, reply to any questions in that thread. Share some info on your profile perhaps. Welcome newer members maybe, by asking questions not just "hi and welcome" copy and paste replies in half a dozen threads etc.

HOW TO ACCESS THE GREEN LOUNGE AREA OF THE FORUM

The green lounge is for pricing chat about solar and green energy products. Anything that you don't want the public to see you can find in this area of the forum. You'll need to prove you're in the industry to one of the staff members, and they'll let you in.

Need access please

HOW TO ACCESS TRAINEE AREA OF THE FORUM

The Trainee Area of the forum is for those currently in some form of electrical education. Stick all your course details in the forum linked-to below and we'll check the details out and let you in.

In this area of the forum we have mentors and skilled electricians who give up their free time and help trainees with anything they're struggling with to help them learn how to do the job properly. We do NOT post answers to test questions. But we put a light-hearted spin on learning. You can often find some tests the mentors have come up with themselves that can help you learn how to work things out yourself etc. It's a brilliant resource for trainees.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE APPLICATION FORUM AREA.

How does one become a mentor in the trainee area? I am a college lecturer teaching City and Guilds 5357 and would like to offer any help, tips and guidance to electrical apprentices.

I've posted to the DIY area in the past. I can see my posts but I can't reply to them or make a new post. I think the rules have been changed but I'm not clear exactly what to do to regain access. Any advice welcome.

HOW TO ACCESS DIY AREA OF THE FORUM

The DIY area of the forum is for homeowners who are doing their own DIY electrical works. Make sure you comply with all regulations if you are doing your own electrical works! The forum takes no liability for damage or loss of life if you're doing your own electrics. We have some forum members with access to this area who are willing to help the right DIYers. There are lots of laws you need to adhere to when doing DIY electrics. The forum is not the place to find out about those laws, you'll need to get the correct regulations from governing bodies for those who will have current up to date regulations. Your local council may need to be informed about your works too, and some need to come and check what you've done to make sure you've done it to specification. If you're alright with that, and agree to all that, come in the DIY area.

Contact a member of staff and ask for access and they'll let you in.

Hi Dan. How do I post on the forum to get some electrical advice?

Hello, Andy... Did you get access as you wanted? Dan can be quite busy at times, but there was a link to 'contact a member of staff' who should be able to help out.

Otherwise, post in the general forum, and a staff member may move it afterwards.

Welcome to the forum mate.
You can post in the general forum. It doesn't have to be in the DIY area.
The advantage of posting in the general area is that all the members can reply. Only the elite group can reply in the DIY area. 😁

Reply to Access-only Areas Of The Forum - How Do I Gain Access? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock