Discuss Access Training Wales in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you Know Anyone, Who Has Done This Access Training course and Actually got Work at the end of it, As I'm Really Skeptical about it, is There a City and guilds Qualification Equivalent to a NVQ 3, As That's what The Agency I'm thinking of getting work with said I need.

I done access training course in July last year I pass my 17th with them. My 2391-2392 was quite a shambles with them as their teacher they employed apparently did follow the assessment correctly but told us we had passed. I was offered a free resit on the practical exam but after driving down every weekend there was no apology from them on behalf of their teacher. I am doing my 2394-95 with them now. The general vibe I get from the teachers is they are overloaded with cramming as much information into students within a short amount of time, it is very disorganised most of the time

OK Thanks for letting me know, So How Long Was you Training with Them last July, This 2394-95 is That The final part of the Qualification, Basically What I What to Do if possible is Go There get fully Trained with a Equivalent Qualification To the NVQ 3 So I can get Straight into work with a Agency Who Ask for The NVQ 3 or Equivalent

OK Thanks for letting me know, So How Long Was you Training with Them last July, This 2394-95 is That The final part of the Qualification, Basically What I What to Do if possible is Go There get fully Trained with a Equivalent Qualification To the NVQ 3 So I can get Straight into work with a Agency Who Ask for The NVQ 3 or Equivalent
I was there till Oct, lot of Jobs JiB gold card. They say they can help u get a placement but when I went to visit they had placements on the board but when I was doing the college didn't see the job board once think that's one if there selling ploys to make people jump on it. Me personally I've applied for ecs now and going to work with my friend.

I have No Electrical Experience at the moment, recently Phoned Workstream Agency saying I'm interested in Doing a Electrician Course, And if they have much work in Oxford, They said As long as I get a NVQ 3 or Equivalent they will get me work, Access Training Say they Do a City and guilds level 4, I Don't No if That's Equivalent to the NVQ 3

The qualification offered at level 4 by access training will be the 2396 -electrical design course. This is a qualification that is normally taken after some years of experience and is enhancing your capability to design circuits.

It is entirely separate from the level three qualifications offered by access training. Those level three qualifications are only the add on understanding of particular areas of electrical regulations, inspection and testing.
Access training do not appear to offer the background knowledge level 3 qualifications, such as the 2365, or the NVQ level 3 (2357) which is the demonstration of practical capability on the job.

The C&G 2396 is not equivalent in any way to the the level three qualifications.

I believe the 2365 course is a new addition for Access Training so I can't comment on what they are doing. If you search Access Training on here you should pull up details of my experience. Definitely do a lot of research and shopping around for these courses as they are way over priced like initial double glazing quotes. The key to this lark is getting hands on experience. If you can get that and sign up with a local college you'll save a fortune.

There are those who know how and those that know or think they know why that usually end up relying on those who know how.:confused:

I did the 5 week Access training course (here in Hertfordshire not Wales)
It was ok. If you have no experience I think you would really struggle.
If you have practical experience (even DIY) it helps a lot.
Most of the exams are open book so as long as you do the studying and learn the layout of the books you can't fail to pass.
The Practical's weren't that hard but again practical experience helps.
I'm now on a CPS and passed their assessment easily.
But I didn't do this to find jobs. Its to allow me to do more local electrical work so I can gain the experience as I go. If I'm not happy I'm working within my comfort zone I don't take on the work.

You want to look around to see what employers require first. Then look for the training to match those grades.

Don't always just go off the training firms website. Look into it properly.

Basically When I'm qualified , I Wanna Work With Workstream Agency Who ask for The NVQ3 , I Thick The 2357 is the NVQ3 , Can't Do it At the moment as Broken my Hand And Wanna Go Back to my Demolition Job Next Year , but Wanna Do The Electrician Course in January 2020 Access Training Said They Will Have The 2357 Exam by Then .

Reply to Access Training Wales in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net