Discuss Adding an electric element in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

hightower

never done any plumbing, so wondering how straight forward it is to whack an element in my towel radiator ready for the summer. Here's a couple photos of the radiator.

I've tried asking a couple local plumbers to come do it but still waiting, so thinking I'm gonna have a go myself (with your help)

Adding an electric element IMG_2814.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Adding an electric element IMG_2813.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Depends what your plan is? Do away with wet altogether or use a T piece to "dual fuel" it? Bit of faff either way main thing being draining heating system and refilling after.

Yeah, dual fuel was plan but I'm totally green with wet stuff. The elements I've seen on screwies seem to have a place for the existing pipe work to connect back up to

The elements I've seen on screwies seem to have a place for the existing pipe work to connect back up to
The element goes up one side where your existing ch pipe is, so that ch pipe would need repositioning. Draining down can also be fun, but at least you don't have carpet under the heater (he says hopefully ...)

Yeah, dual fuel was plan but I'm totally green with wet stuff. The elements I've seen on screwies seem to have a place for the existing pipe work to connect back up to

Only problem with existing pipework is that it'd have to be routed to feed into the side of the t-piece as opposed to the bottom of the towel rail, 9 times out of 10 on a retrofit install it looks bad! (Unless you plan on cutting a hole in the wall!)

Pipework should be easy to rearrange since there's already compression fittings.

an easy get out would be to mount a small tube heater under the rad., in that space betewwen the 2 valves.

Dimplex ECOT2FT Wall-Mounted Tubular Heater 80W - http://www.screwflix..com/p/dimplex-ecot2ft-thermostatic-tubular-heater-80w/1796f#product_additional_details_container

that one is 713mm. may be too long, but that's the idea. no messing with the wet side atall, unless you drill a pipe. :p

Reply to Adding an electric element in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock