Discuss adding of multiple sockets to different rooms on ring main in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi guys

need some advice as to which seems the best way to go.

have a customer wants 4 sockets and a shaver point (via 3amp switched fuse spur) adding to existing ring main. Each new socket is located in a seperate room of the bungalowe (spread evenly accross the ring). No current rcd protection in place so adding a stand alone unit near C.U. Earth bonding present and correct. As i see it i have 2 options

1/ break into ring main via Non maintanace JB (Wago) in loft then run to all of the new socket points, then continue ring.
2/ break into ringmain via Non maintanace JBs (wago) in each room and run to the new socket point located in same room.

any advantages to either way or advice appreciated

3. divert a leg of the rfc to the first of your new sockets. loop through your new sockets and back into the rfc where you took the leg out in the first place. no JBs.

thanks tell i agree, the fewer jbs the better, will just have one NM JB in loft where i break into ring circuit. then onto new sockets and rejoin. i think option 1 is what your suggesting if worded differently lol

Okay yes seen a picture of them the enclosure is in 2 halfs strapped together with cable tie's.

not quite. the cable ties are to secure the cables. the enclosures fit together with a bayonet type twist lock.

will be using a wago enclosure with push connectors so only one JB needed. ( but i get your meaning)

- - - Updated - - -

if only if only, old wylex board so no rcbo im afraid, not even a spare way.

then you need to ask yourself if you can do this work without fitting a RCD, if only to cover the new work and/or the altered circuits. easiest way would be to come off the wylex 30A fuse ( and N) into a separate enclosed RCD, then out to the circuit.

Reply to adding of multiple sockets to different rooms on ring main in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock