Discuss Adding spots. No RCD in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
If I change a single pendant to spot lights and all cables are concealed in ceiling void there's no need for me to have to fit RCD to socket is there? There are cables concealed in wall obviously on circuit... Wall lights, switches etc. but as I'm not touching them is it my responsibility to add RCD For that part of the work?

- - - Updated - - -

Ignore to socket. Meant to CU

No, not in bathroom. When designing a circuit and wanting it to obviously wanting it to comply with current regs. What would be your advice to someone who is new to the trade for a process in order to check everything is right. For example old rewireable CU and adding new socket outlet concealed in wall. Obviously you know all regs in relation to this. What would you do if you we're me who didn't know them all off by heart?

you would need to fit a RCD for that socket as 1. it's a socket outlet <32A and 2. cable/s buried in walls. one a 3036 fused DB, you could come off the 3036 into a stand alone RCD and then to your installation. or you could put the whole rfc on the RCD. you'd need to test the circuit first. as for regs, if you don't know it, look it up in the BGB, or ask on here.

buy "the electrician's guide to the wiring regs". also "the electricians guide to the building regs". use google . there's loads of useful stuff thast you can download free and store in PC, laptop or android .

Reply to Adding spots. No RCD in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net