Discuss Additional courses for Oil and Gas work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

Andy3438

Hi there. I am new to this forum and have a few questions. I am planning to go into the oil and gas industry as an electrician in hopefull around 2 years time. The reason for the delay is I have my first child due in November. Does anyone have any ideas what additional courses I could do to increase my chances of getting a job. I am aware I will need compEX EX01-EX04 and my offshore survival. Are there any others which would help? perhaps rope access. I am willing to do as many in the next few years as possible. Even if I don't get a job offshore anything that will up my chances of some kind of employment. I am 26 and live in Edinburgh. Thanks.

I am working offshore at the minute outside of the UK.

The usual such as the BOSIET,MIST, Medical and Compex 1- 4 are a must.

Ropes, up to you, I don't fancy rope work and it is not necessary.

If you are from an industrial electrician then that is a good start.

Opito do an open learning series called POL. WELCOME

As your are in Scotland get your Compex sorted and try to get into Grangemouth or St Fergus as there is maintenance work with shut down season starting.

It can be difficult getting a start but I for one will not be going back to site work any time soon.

Cool. Thanks for the replies. Definitely getting compex done asap. The closest date at falkirk is december :( other than that the only place I can do it is Aberdeen which isnt ideal.im going to book it on friday. Do you know if there is anywhere I could get a copy of the study notes so I can revise before starting the course? Im keen to get a head start!

Reply to Additional courses for Oil and Gas work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock