Discuss Ademco Alarm - unknown codes replace with acceta G4 in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jase31

Hi,

I have just buying a house that has a Ademco alarm. The box is under the stairs (plastic square box with Ademco moulded in) below is a separate keypad, with keys on the right, and leds on the left (zone1, zone2 etc up to 8)

I suspect that the alarm is not working (although the panel is illuminated). I can not get any of the codes for the alarm.

In other properies I usually put in an accenta G4, with LCD keypad, and because of the unknown history of the panel, it might be better to replace. Does anyone know how the bell is connected into the ademco alarm, and how this transposes into the Accenta G4 wiring.

you need to look at the bell/siren unit. see what the terminals are, then, knowing what's what on the accenta, connect accordingly.

Reply to Ademco Alarm - unknown codes replace with acceta G4 in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, We have had an Acenta G4 alarm fitted for 5 years. It has been fine until recently, however the keypad now appears to have failed...
Replies
Views
Hi, could do with some help please. I installed a Accenta G4 Mini alarm system with x3 LED keypads about 4 years ago which has been working fine...
Replies
Views
Hi All Wondering if someone can help. I've recently been receiving a fault with my Accenta G4 alarm Panel. All was previously working with it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'd be most grateful for any advice please. We have a G3 alarm with an Accenta remote control panel. I'm doing some renovation work and...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just installed a Honeywell Accenta G4 and everything works perfectly. I have a remote keypad upstairs on the landing. I have Program 2...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock