Discuss ADT Honeywell Galaxy 2 Alarm... DIY Help Needed... in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Master_Mayhem

Hi everyone

Apologies in advance that this - my very first thread, is tantamount to a cry for help, but I really am in need of guidance.

It's a case of the usual end-of-contract nonsense with ADT after being tied to a 3 year agreement which frankly, has cost me a fortune and left me (if ADT have anything to do with it), up the creek, without a paddle!

I have a Honeywell Galaxy 2 Series Wireless System, which is now out of contract. I'd like to utilise the system further and fit a speech dialer (Honeywell Informa SD), along with an external bell box/siren (Honeywell Resonate Bell Box), as the one currently used is a dummy. I've fitted a couple of home security systems before (Veritas), so am reasonably adept, but am a little tentative about working with the ADT system, due to their 'closed loop' policy - effectively making contract renewal/continuation the only option.

Can anyone help - particularly with how to gain access to the system and where/how to wire-in the additional components above?

MANY thanks in advance.

Your best bet is to call an independent alarm engineer who may be able to reset the system for you.
This is the instruction manual for a galaxy series 2 which may help, but really unless you can get ADT to give you the codes they use you are a bit stuck.
Please be aware I do not know a lot about alarms I am just giving pointers to possible directions.

remove it and utilize the existing wiring on a veritas? adt are con artists

I was hoping to utilise the existing system... its cost me almost £1500 over the 3 year contract period and I'm damned if I'm going to throw it in the skip and start afresh with a new one - although, if I have to, then so be it.

Surely, there's a way to gain access into the ADT programming and reconfigure the system for personal use - with a stand alone speech dialer and external bellbox(s), etc?

unless to can get the engineer code and installation ( don't think they are available) or reset the panel to factory default , your best bet is to replace panel and keypad. as ayjay said, veritas or similar panels are reasonably priced and you can configure the system to your own requirements.

If you can find an engineer who knows galaxy panels they should be able to reset it back to manufactures default

Failing that its a case of rip out and put a new system in

There MUST be a method for re-setting the panel back to the factory default, enabling the user to reconfigure for future use.

I've just spoken with ADT... they want £120 for an engineer to call around to re-set the system using their 'secret' code(s). Considering that I've paid them £500+ for the system and 36 + 3 x £22.00 for monitoring, I think that's a little cheeky.

that's why ADT have posh offices and i work out of a 12 year old van. still, at least i can sleep at night. for that £120, i'd fit and commission a new panel.

Can you advise... I'm desperate as it leaves my family (young daughter), extremely vulnerable - I work away from home. I'm not exactly pleased with ADT, particularly as I've paid for the system fair and square in accordance with their contract, yet now have no alarm cover and a system that's of little to no use.

I managed to reset a Eurosec alarm which an alarm engineer advised me was locked by following the instructions in the manual (found online) but I did have to resolve a fault on a PIR and ensure all trigger conditions and tampers were nul first. I am not experienced with alarms but they are very logical. The information provided above does seem to be your best bet. Alternatively a half decent panel and keypad can be had for around £45to £50 and you can wire in your existing sensors. An SAB bell box is under £25. If you go DIY as I did you will have to get your head round the terminology and experiment a bit but it is satisfying when it works. Good luck!

IMO, for the time spent faffing about with the galaxy, buy a eurosec.

Followed the steps within the DIYNOT weblink: established link (0V and Tamp), but noted there were NO connections to zone 1 (1001), to remove.

I was unable to silence the system by entering the 'default code(s)' - nor did inputting the 'engineer's code' make a difference, either.

The RKP stated 'User re-set required' - however, inputting my user code made no difference, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
These panels can have just the codes set to default... The NVM chip will retain all other data and parameters.

Contact a local company to complete the works, all in with installation of speech dialler etc it's no more than 3 hrs work.

Also having an SSAIB or NACOSS company commission the system may be of relevance to your insurers.

Finally managed to perform a system default and restore :17:

I have full access privileges now and no longer have to dance to the tune of ADT and their penchant for robbing Jo Public blind, nor do I need to consider junking a system that I've paid over £1500 for these past 3 years!

Just need to wire-in an external bell box/siren and strobe now and potentially, a speech dialer - can't seem to get the SMS facility operative, but I'm guessing that might be due to incorrect/inadequate soft/firm ware.

Thanks for your help, guidance and patience on this one - much appreciated.

:wink_smile:

so , can you share with us how you managed the default and restore? this has come up before with these panels, and it would be good to know.

Reply to ADT Honeywell Galaxy 2 Alarm... DIY Help Needed... in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock