Discuss Adult Trainee in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I am currently studying my Level 3 electrical Installation Building and Structures unit 305 Electrical Systems Design and I have been told this is a open book so I can pick the brains of anyone who understands this I have come across a question which is :

select with the aid of manufactures data a suitable wiring systems giving reason for my choice.

I have choice to use Trunking for the workshop area for my lighting and power from the DB but I am unsure on how to put it in writing why I have chose this type of wiring system I will be using singles, single core cable I know I should state part of the regs in the answer however am still looking for a useful reason for choosing this type of wiring system. I can upload the drawing of the Highways Depot i have to Design And Install if required.

Thank you

In general you are looking at protecting the wiring system from "external influences" if you look at section 522 in BS7671 and consider the likely things the wiring system will be exposed to in the Highways depot, then you can select a suitable wiring system that will protect against all relevant external influences.
e.g if the area was subject to heavy vibration then you should choose a fine stranded flexible cable so that it will not suffer from the vibration in the way a solid core cable would suffer.

Hi Richard

Thank you for your reply and Information. I have takin onboard the information you provided and will no doubt use it in desribing the specifications of my wiring systems.

also, a trunking system is easy to add extra circuits to if and when required. ( no reg. for this).

In general you are looking at protecting the wiring system from "external influences" if you look at section 522 in BS7671 and consider the likely things the wiring system will be exposed to in the Highways depot, then you can select a suitable wiring system that will protect against all relevant external influences.
e.g if the area was subject to heavy vibration then you should choose a fine stranded flexible cable so that it will not suffer from the vibration in the way a solid core cable would suffer.

I didn't realize it said in BS7671 what things wiring systems could be exposed to! This will help with my 604 unit im doing, thanks mate!

Reply to Adult Trainee in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock