Discuss Advice , changing immersion hearted switch to digital timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just like trying to give things a go I'm usually good at ---- like this but it's completely different from fitting a new plug socket now I understand lol dunno why we have that switch , previously must have been a half arsed job

It may actually be heating water but it can't be heating water through a 3kw 13amp constant supply as you say without evidence of thermal damage to that switch which if a lighting switch is what 10amp max.

What I want to know now is it safe as it stands and also can I use the digital timer I bought or not? Where is the spark going to fit it if that's the wrong switch?

Just like trying to give things a go I'm usually good at **** like this but it's completely different from fitting a new plug socket now I understand lol dunno why we have that switch , previously must have been a half arsed job
Conchur, please do us all a big favour and tell us what the sparky finds, please.

Just like trying to give things a go I'm usually good at **** like this but it's completely different from fitting a new plug socket now I understand lol dunno why we have that switch , previously must have been a half arsed job

Do us a favour buddy & keep us up to speed with the outcome, please don't use it until the Sparky has been & looked at the wiring.

Ok spark came up to have a look have to contact landlord tomorrow he told me it's completely wired up wrong and it's not getting enough power he said there should be a separate fuse for immersion heater but in the main box it's running off the upstairs lighting , I'll be using oil until landlord gets back to us , idiots everywhere including myself trying to do it ( probably would of done a better job mind you ;) ) so there you have it landlords a tool

Reply to Advice , changing immersion hearted switch to digital timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net