Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Advice needed on my qualifications in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. DaleJohn

DaleJohn New EF Member

Hi guys,

I'm confused and could use some advice, I've look around a lot online and can't seem to find any straight forward answers.

So I decided I wanted to be an electrician in school and went to college straight from school in 2010,
    I completed Level 2 City & Guilds 2330 Electrotechnical Installation.

This is where I'm having my issue, we weren't allowed to enroll on level 3 without an apprenticeship, but there was nothing in our area at all so he spoke to the headmaster and got permission to put some of us on the course, so I completed my Level 3 City &a Guilds 2365 Electrotechnical Installation.

So they're the two qualifications I have but do I need anything else to be able to be counted as qualified?

I remember talk of the tutor saying we needed another Level 3 completed and something on a portfolio but he didn't really explain much about it..

Any advice is appreciated

2. Wilko

Wilko Gorillas are Great Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Hi - I think it's NVQ and AM2 next. So perhaps look up the conversion 2357 NVQ.

3. Anthony S

Anthony S Regular EF Member

If you want a card with Electrician written on it you need to meet the JIB criteria.

4. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent You Rock Gmes Staff Member Trusted Advisor

Yeah if you want an electricians graded JIB card you need the NVQ3 which consists of the portfolio, AM2 and a couple of conversion units.