Discuss Advice needed on poor junction installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

harry olee

I discovered this whilst removing tiles in my daughters kitchen.
It disintegrated when i touched it with the sds drill
No enclosure just a backing plate rawl plugged to the wall and plastic terminal blocks behind.
As its unsafe and exposed I need to repair it as quickly as possible.
There isn't any cable slack to play with for use with a wago MF box..
I was going to use an wiska adaptable box with wagos but ideally a metal double socket box with a surface mounted plastic blank plate would look better when she has it re-tiled
Is it ok to use wagos in other enclosures even if they are accessible?
Is there a better alternative arrangement?
Advice needed on poor junction installation {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you just changing the tiles or changing the whole kitchen if it's the latter it could beneficial to replace the cable between the points and mechanically protect properly, or using the same reinstate the point in a suitable location.

I would want to be sure what exactly is going on with those cables. You have four cables. Are they a ring or spurs and what are they supplying. I think when I knew that I might consider where I am going to go from that point of knowledge with those connections.

Mmm, I am with Vortigern on this I think you may want to get an electrician out to investigate. The fact it was hidden behind a blank plate with no back box would ring alarm bells.
You mean Kevin has been doing his normal botch jobs?

Looks like there may have been a back box there once because of the four wall plugs.

I would want to be sure what exactly is going on with those cables. You have four cables. Are they a ring or spurs and what are they supplying. I think when I knew that I might consider where I am going to go from that point of knowledge with those connections.
They are 2 spurs supplying sockets for the freezer and boiler.
I'm just repairing what was there really.
I look at the cu tomorrow.
There is an electrician who is employed to carry out maintenance .
this may be his handy work, he mounted a j201 junction box outside

Reply to Advice needed on poor junction installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock