Discuss Advice on pricing a homer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, up until now i have only done jobs for love(homers for family and friends) but a painter friend of mine has asked me to price a wee homer and i have no idea how much to charge, another mate of mine suggested the going rate was £25/hour. Here is what the customer wants :
Pop off 2 skirtings, move 2 sockets 1.5m away from existing points raggling into wall
Replace 4 transformers for kitchen downlights
Replace 4 downlights in bathroom ceiling(including making the holes bigger for them to fit)
Straight swap a ceiling pendant for a generic type B+Q fitting(metal plate screwed to ceiling, fitting held by 2 screws onto plate

She also wants an extractor fan in the upstairs bathroom which is gonna have to go on the ceiling and out through the attic. The easiest way is to loop off the downlight above the shower so it comes on when the lights are on. How much would you price for fitting an extractor to ceiling, running 3m of flexiduct, core a 4inch hole through the exterior wall in the attic and fit grills? I can borrow a core cutter so no hire required.

Thanks guys, i have no clue where to start with pricing!

I'd charge by the hour in this instance, not sure how much experience you have. Moving the sockets might be an easier enough job but might turn out to be a pain in the arse.

I'd adjust the day rate depending on how good a friend he is, how easy the job will be, and how likely you might be to ask him to do some painting for you.

Reply to Advice on pricing a homer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

This isn't very electrical, but never mind! I'm adding an extractor fan to a bathroom in a 4th floor flat. The builder has helpfully cored a hole...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a property built in 1911. It has had asbestos artex applied to every ceiling in the house. I am currently creating a new...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here and sort of new to pricing my own work. Bit of background on me, I've been working as an electrician for a company based...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I am in the process of refurbing my kitchen and I have and old redundant T&E cable coming out of the wall above one of the cabinets...
Replies
Views
Got a job coming soon that’s going to be a nightmare, but in the meantime there’s a few odd jobs to do. One of them is to replace a timed fan in a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock