Discuss Advice on seperate things. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Doomed

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
1) We have been asked to tender for general maintenance, 5 yearly tests and other bits on several sites around our area, when reading the 3 page list of requirements I came across testing of lightining protection - never done it before - I know that its BS EN 62305, but what do we NEED to do, and what training courses do we require?

2) Customer with bathroom with 2 external walls and low pitch roof, existing heating (towel rail on central heating) does not keep it warm enough. Underfloor heating is a no, and she does not like the idea of a fan heater.
The bathroom is small and restricted, but POSH, so it need to look smart.

3) Customer with well trimmed garden with lots of bordery bits and pots and hippy stuff wants subtle lighting without me digging trenches etc for cables - she does not like the idea of solar, so what decent quality battery garden lighting is out there please.

1) If a decent contract,farm it out,to an outfit who have the appropriate tackle.

2) Larger,posh,towel rail.

3) Nobody uses battery garden lighting,unless a one-off,such as a party,etc.
She sounds a proper caution,and no mistake...maybe a leisure battery,hidden,and piped to various 12V kit,to be re-charged in her hippy kitchen (if she has sold out to the "man",and has utilities...

In regards to #3. Obviously not seen the layout of the garden but Saxby do a really decent IP rated Spike Light range. Run the flex to Wiska boxes and take a feed inside. No need for digging out or anything.

Obviously easier said than done when I've not seen the job :rolleyes:

Edited to add: Customer does sound like an absolute backwards hippy.

I'm surprised a towel radiator doesn't keep the bathroom warm enough - is the valve fully on?

I'm less surprised than DPG that the towel rad does not keep the bathroom warm enough! A lot of them have a pitiful BTU output in comparison to 'normal' rads. I would recommend they upgrade the towel rad to a proper rad. They could go for a designer type to look smarter. My ground (concrete) floor bathroom has got UFH, a fan heater and a rad, and it still gets nippy in there sometimes!

I'm gonna shut up now as I am starting to sound like a plumber, and the very thought sends shudders down my vertabrae!

The one I've got is steaming hot. Mind you I suppose if you have a ground floor bathroom with a concrete floor that will make a big difference.

You lot doon sooth are spoiled , we have a netty at the bottom of the garden wi a hurricane lamp for heating.

Number 2

Infrared radiant heater. Heats the target not the room. Look around and you can find some that are nice. The room will be cold to a thermostat, but the infrared heats the target in line of sight. Herschell do some decent ones, but others are on the market.

i've got little to add of use to the thread (apart from that outhouse bathrooms can still be damned cold with just a radiator in them!), but what kinda hippy goes for mains (fossil fuel/nuclear) charged batteries over sun power (charged batteries :p)?!

i've got little to add of use to the thread (apart from that outhouse bathrooms can still be damned cold with just a radiator in them!), but what kinda hippy goes for mains (fossil fuel/nuclear) charged batteries over sun power (charged batteries :p)?!
But it's batteries therefore saving the dead dinos!
Just need to charge it ins-
...wait a minute...

Reply to Advice on seperate things. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net