Discuss AEG Drills? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rookeryu67

Anyone got any experience of them? Looking for an 18V Combi, and saw AEG BSB18GLI302C 18V Li-Ion Combi Drill with 2 X 3Ah L Ion batteries for £150. Other better known brands all come with one battery for the same price

b&q do them . mine was £79 but only 1 battery.

Anyone got any experience of them? Looking for an 18V Combi, and saw AEG BSB18GLI302C 18V Li-Ion Combi Drill with 2 X 3Ah L Ion batteries for £150. Other better known brands all come with one battery for the same price

That's because they are made by Milwaukee, and you just can't buy better than Milwaukee, kit. AEG is there middle range brand. Go for the real McCoy, and it will knock the socks of of any competition you can throw at it!! lol!!!

I'm ditching dewalt, my 18v xrp is on its way out so time for a change I think, I'll maybe bob down to b&q tommorow and have a look myself cause taking my flexible freind!!

Not AEG but I've just bought a Metabo 18V + 2 x 3.0aH Li-on batt's for £250 plus it has the the highest rated torque (as far as I'm aware) of 100nM compared to my old Makita's 85nM.

Cheers,
Lofty
p.s. It was Amp David who put me onto this brand.

I've got two AEG drill/drivers and an Impact Driver. Can't fault either of them and the impact driver is simply brilliant.

The reason its 150 quid is because its performance isn't as high as other latest models and brands. Its not a poor drill though, AEG are industrial tools.

The new Metabo though are awesomw, and only industrial.Some swear by Milwaukee, Makita etc so everyone will have their own views.

I have all Bosch at the minute, but thats because its what was a good deal at the time and my other gear is Bosch

im a fan of AEG but you get what you pay for , some of the places i work has lets say a few light fingered folk so i dont buy expensive ...lol... but on that the only problem with the cord less is it has gone through 2 chucks in 3 years .....plus side , the batteries lasted and the drill itself has had a hard 3 years and still well up to the job

Just another thought Ref:- the Metabo range if you register on-line you will get 3 years warranty which includes the batteries ! NOTE:- The Bosch 3 yr warranty does NOT cover batteries.

Sometime later this month Metabo ( info from their website) are introducing 18V 4Ah batts , backward compatible with their range of tools. no doubt the other manufacturers will follow suit but as yet Metabo are the only ones that I know of who have advertised this.

Mine came from Toolstop.co.uk who were at the time (just before Christmas) doing it on offer with 51% off

Cheers,
Lofty

Cheers for the advice. For what its worth im happy with it, does what I need to do. Not quite as short as the makita I borrowed fri to get in a tight space, but seemed to rip thru trunking a bit quicker, although it went first, so maybe my holesaw is dying!

Awesome.... The best drill I ever brought!!

I'd recommend to anyone

UPDATE..... I've now brought the Metabo LTX 18v with 2 x 3.0ah batteries......WOW that is one drill!!! Massive amount of power.

50mm in wood (compared to 30mm on my Dewalt 110v SDS)

Got it for a real good price of £220 good discount although we do spend allot with the supplier!!

Anyway the AEG's still a good drill but the Ni-Cad batteries are starting to die.

Hi RWJ,
Don't forget to register it on the Metabo web site for the 3 years extended warranty, this function is now operational as they were updating it and I've done mine already.

Cheers,
Lofty.

Hi RWJ,
Don't forget to register it on the Metabo web site for the 3 years extended warranty, this function is now operational as they were updating it and I've done mine already.

Cheers,
Lofty.

Thanks for the reminder! Already done!!!

Found this thread while Googling for prices after using my Father's 18V Li Ion AEG.

Great bits of kit.

I've been thoroughly unimpressed with my pair of anniversary addition 18V Li Ion Makitas though. Pretty good when I first got them, but they soon wear out. They have been as well looked after as a drill can be!

Reply to AEG Drills? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net