Discuss Alarm wiring in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

wallyanker

I am in need of some assistance with my house alarm. When I moved in 3 years ago the alarm was already in place but not working, no battery and fuse pulled out. I have replaced the battery, put the fuse in and am able to operate the alarm exept for one thing, the external bell box just won't be quiet!:confused: The only way to shut it up is to disconnect it from the control panel.

I thought it might be a tamper fault on the bell box so I linked it out on the control panel but that did work, so i now have another bell box. Please could you tell me what wires go where??

Control panel feeds bell box with 6 core, EXT +, EXT -, STR+, STR-, TR, SAB

Bell box has HOLD+, HOLD-, BELL, SET, STR, TR

Please help?

I cant help thinking the fuse was pulled and battery removed for a good reason (panel fault ?) I would buy a new panel (£35) and bell box and start again, you will then have the engineers code to set it up. Hope this helps

I am in need of some assistance with my house alarm. When I moved in 3 years ago the alarm was already in place but not working, no battery and fuse pulled out. I have replaced the battery, put the fuse in and am able to operate the alarm exept for one thing, the external bell box just won't be quiet!:confused: The only way to shut it up is to disconnect it from the control panel.

I thought it might be a tamper fault on the bell box so I linked it out on the control panel but that did work, so i now have another bell box. Please could you tell me what wires go where??

Control panel feeds bell box with 6 core, EXT +, EXT -, STR+, STR-, TR, SAB

Bell box has HOLD+, HOLD-, BELL, SET, STR, TR

Please help?

is it a new romec bell you have? try ext+ to hold +,ext- to hold-,tr to tr,sab to bell,the str will be the strobe,depends if its +v to activate or 0v to activate try str- first if it flashes in unset mode swap to str +

Romec was Royal Mail Engineering, but is now a joint venture between Royal Mail and Balfour Beatty, the latter wearing the trousers in the house. Royal Mail Engineers now only maintain the sorting machines, Romec Engineers deal with the building engineering, ie electrical, plumbiing, heating and electronic security. Oh, and Post Boxes!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Romec was Royal Mail Engineering, but is now a joint venture between Royal Mail and Balfour Beatty, the latter wearing the trousers in the house. Royal Mail Engineers now only maintain the sorting machines, Romec Engineers deal with the building engineering, ie electrical, plumbiing, heating and electronic security. Oh, and Post Boxes!!

qfa.tho depends if you have a royal mail contract or a balfour one,if you have a royal mail one(the one that is carved in stone) your sorted:)..cant see this marriage lasting tho:eek:

alarm man(ex romec) :)

Rememberthe alarm panel is essentially a battery charger there is 2 batteries in the system 1 in the panel the other in the sounder the panel battery needs to be replaced every 5 years. As for the sounder going off when you power the system up my question would be did you silence the clear any faults on the alarm panel. How is this done well if the cover is off exposing the tamper spring then power up the panel pres the spring you will hear a click then enter the user code then relese the spring and put the code back in this should silence the sounder but give you a tamper fault on the panel. If this happens replace the panel lid do not connect panel better back in the reset the system by entering the user code. Once clear check yo see if the systems sets and if so buy a new battery.

Reply to Alarm wiring in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock