Discuss Alternatives to SolarCity in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jquadri

I think you need to be more Honest about WHERE you want too make these changes...... this is a UK forum
I think you need to be more Honest about WHERE you want too make these changes...... this is a UK forum

I think you need to stop responding to specific questions, if you don't know the answer to them.

My question was specific to UK companies, by the way, Einstein.

I think you need to stop responding to specific questions, if you don't know the answer to them.

Matey - you are getting poor responses because in each of the 3 questions you have raised, none of them included enough information to get decent answers....

May be improve your thread opening posts with as much information as possible.....

Just saying.

Matey - you are getting poor responses because in each of the 3 questions you have raised, none of them included enough information to get decent answers....

May be improve your thread opening posts with as much information as possible.....

Just saying.
Thanks, but I beg to differ; I received excellent answers including popular suggestions to switch to 5watt GU 10 LEDs (240V).

I was advised to contact APC for UPS queries.

Two out of three isn't too bad, considering that Solar energy is a very complex area.

I must say, I am surprised you are counting the number of my questions...

Good for you.

For someone who is supposed to be an engineer, you do have some very disturbing views. Granted I obtained my degree in Electrical Engineering over 25 years ago & never used it once, so you probably know more about wiring or LED than I do. However, I am pretty sure when it comes to cryptography you would be no match. Why? Simple: Because it's what I do every single day, 10hrs a day...

If I asked you: "What the difference between Public Key Crypto & Symmetric key is or best practices for TLS version & Cipher is". These are basic questions,yes really basic, you wouldn't have a clue, you'll have to google it, I am sure. Yet, you use these algorithms & protocols all the time when you shop on tesco.com or Amazon.co.uk, they keep your money secure from would be hackers. Try not to be so judgemental, it's isn't what real engineers do.

If you could supply a little more info on what you're after I can probably help.

is it for single phase or 3 phase grid connection, domestic or commercial application, and how much solar PV have you got installed?

We can supply and install batteries with 6000 cycle design life starting a lot lower than that price, but depends what you're after.

I contacted Solarcity about purchasing a Battery and Inverter, they rejected my approach saying they are not willing to sell to a non-American.I particularly like their compact , concise design.

I came across this Germany company with a 30 year guarantee of their product at £11k , Komplettpaket Store von SOLARWATT - Unabhängigkeit Tag und Nacht - https://www.solarwatt.de/photovoltaikanlagen/komplettpaket-store . Your thoughts on company?

Is there a comparable company in the UK?

There are lots of alternatives, I'm afraid to get a sensible set of recommendations, you do need to give us a fair bit more information.

#1, Why do you want to do this? what do you want to gain? what's your motivation?
What loads do you want to support?
Do you have PV? What size (kWp)? what Inverter?
Single phase / 3 phase
Specific consumption: standard house? high energy user? Heat Pump?
You'll note that the batteries are only warranted for 10 years that;s a simple fact of life with Li-ion batteries. So the 30 years is nonsense.
Also:
#2 what's your budget?

if I recall correctly Solarcity are owned by Elon Musk, (Elon Musk plans crazy 2017 for Tesla, but SolarCity may be the biggest headache - http://www.marketwatch.com/story/elon-musk-plans-crazy-2017-for-tesla-but-solarcity-may-be-the-biggest-headache-2016-12-22 ) so therefore use the Tesla Powerwall, well, there are lots of UK companies that can install a Tesla Powerwall for you...
So - is that what you really want?

Reply to Alternatives to SolarCity in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock