Discuss AM2 Advice please chaps! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

OwenShand

I am coming towards the end of my apprenticeship and i'm hoping some of you guys can offer me some advice to help me hopefully pass 1st time.

Cheers, Owen

As said above its perfectly achievable. Your biggest enemy is the clock however it is manageable just take your time and get through the work methodically.

Make sure your familiar with the follwoing items and you will be fine:

SWA glands
FP Cable
PVC Single circuits
2-way & Intermediate switching
3-phase motor circuits
S-plan (If i remember correctly) heating systems
Safe isolation procedure
Initial verification (Inspection & Test)
Fault finding

Good luck :)

As said above its perfectly achievable. Your biggest enemy is the clock however it is manageable just take your time and get through the work methodically.

Make sure your familiar with the follwoing items and you will be fine:

SWA glands
FP Cable
PVC Single circuits
2-way & Intermediate switching
3-phase motor circuits
S-plan (If i remember correctly) heating systems
Safe isolation procedure
Initial verification (Inspection & Test)
Fault finding

Good luck :)

Is that all the AM2 now consists of ?? Surely not

cat5 is a joke to terminate imho.

its easier than a socket as it tells you

brown here, white+brown here etc. just dont forget the tywrap.

did you not get an am2 pack? i got given a paper folder with a load of info

Yes im with you on that one CAT5 is a doddle. The AM2 seemed about right to me but then again ive never known aything different :p.

The modern AM2 is a almost a joke compared to it's predecessor.

I've sat both, so my opinion is based on what I've seen and done.

Done my AM2 in Crumlin during the bad old days, was a strange experience!
Remember the red log books?
Hand written with diagrams of jobs done, I still have mine.
Why have they made everything so much easier? It's a shame really

Reply to AM2 Advice please chaps! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net