Discuss AM2 help!!! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

ghosty01

I've just finished a 2 day revision course on the AM2 exam. I've been out of college for almost 2 years and haven't done a lot of the theory or practical for 3 years or more! I don't get to practice testing or boiler wiring at work and the theory of the cable calculations very rarely gets applied! I've got the AM2 exam in 4 weeks and I'm absolutely cacking myself now because I'm sure I'll fail the lot and have to keep paying to re take! The teacher was very knowledgable but rattled through everything and I was pretty lost for most of it! Has anyone used any books or websites that are half decent that I could cram read before my exam or have any useful tips?
Thanks
Shaun

Do not panic, you will need to be on top of your game, but it is not too bad really.
Keep revising and practicing.

Try reading this thread that may assist.
The link is to sparky facts .co.uk and you can find the AM2 exam near the bottom of the page in the middle column, there is also a pdf on the above thread
alternatively The New AM2 exam - complete guide to the new AM2 exam will take you to the same page.

Good luck and even if you have to redo you should then be up to speed and should pass the next time:D

Do not panic, you will need to be on top of your game, but it is not too bad really.
Keep revising and practicing.

Hi Ghosty. You can't get much better advice than this.
If you PM me your email address I will email you a pass paper.
I think other people have posted past papers on this forum, if you do a search.
Good luck mate.

Thanks for the help everyone! I've got the bit between my teeth now instead of being dejected! Got a consumer unit change as practise tomorrow and a three phase motor circuit booked in for a few weeks time! Spooky timing but lucky!

Go for it mate, all the info on cable sizes and wiring diagrams are ready to hand, as long as you can read a wiring diagram and know the basics its not too bad. Dont drag your arse either most people fail because they take too long. After your realise the learning begins after your AM2, well it did for me. GOOD LUCK

Reply to AM2 help!!! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net