Discuss Amd 3 2015 books in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi to all the forum members,

I just wanted to ask does anyone know where I can buy the new amended 2015 versions of the Regs, OSG, and related guidance notes.
Preferably cheaper than IET, Elecsa/NICEIC or Amazon

Also why does the forum not have a sponsor that they could negotiate a Better deal such as a discount for forum members

Cheers

on another forum I mustn't Talk about, a sponsor did £57.50 delivered for BS7671 AMD3

For scheme members the schemes should do it for cost +5% but they are money grabbing bxxxxxxxx

Hi mate, why I have bought them from Amazon in past and others such as book depository and they had no errors
I hear what your saying about buying from a reliable source that's why I would be wary of parting with over £100 for 3 books that possibly could be fakes
But so far over last number of years I have bought genuine with no errors

Why doesn't the forum negotiate us a deal with someone
Book shops will purchase from IET and get discounts because of bulk purchases surely the forum could negotiate a better deal with the number of members that would want copies

on another forum I mustn't Talk about, a sponsor did £57.50 delivered for BS7671 AMD3

For scheme members the schemes should do it for cost +5% but they are money grabbing bxxxxxxxx

That's what I was thinking mate they get enough of our money with courses and these constant amendments so why cant we have discounts
I normally wait until they drop on Amazon or a similar site or bookshop
They are making money for old rope with the minimum changes that are included in each amendment

As far as the schemes go mate they have had tons of our money and what do they do for us
Its cost me grands to get qualified , books, etc etc
they are just taxing us from all angles with part P , JIB, IET, NICEIC, ELECSA etc
money sucking leeches should be wearing dick turpins mask and the idiot that come up with it all well I cant say on here or my post will be deleted and possibly me lol
I have been looking round and found a odd book shop that are slightly cheaper than the RRP IET , Elecsa/NIC charge but not much
I got last regs for about £60 I think and at min on Amazon its about £79 which is a rip off for a book that will be out of date in less than 3yrs when no doubt 18th is due out

Oh by the way I wont go in the other place and look for cheaper books Honest

By the way is there any sponsors on the forum that DO SELL THE RELATED BOOKS we all need
Who are the forum Sponsors is it just the ones on the left hand side of the page. I cant see a sponsor in there that sells them

My scheme is also charging a rip off price so for my £444 they do absolutely diddle to earn it

If I find cheaper or anyone knows of someone cheaper then please let the forum know so we all benefit as I am not giving IET or NICEIC/Elecsa anymore money than I have to as they get enough. They're just out for as much money as they can get from us.
When the changes come into force prices will probably drop as more will purchase then

Why hasn't Dan or one of the Mods contacted a few different sellers to see if they can negotiate a discount

Brucelee. If you Email me I will give you a cheapest book store . for Electrical books . cheapest on Net plus you will get more discount
I don’t know if I will get into trouble here , Don’t known if it will be removed PS message me

Karl good to see you back in the main forum mate .

Brucelee. If you Email me I will give you a cheapest book store . for Electrical books . cheapest on Net plus you will get more discount
I don’t know if I will get into trouble here , Don’t known if it will be removed PS message me

Karl good to see you back in the main forum mate .

Hi Mate

Thanks for the reply

Been looking around and up to now Amazon are the cheapest to go through, so if you have found one cheaper all the better.
I would rather the money go to a independent book shop than the NICEIC/ ELECSA or Amazon as they get enough of our money from all the other scams we have to pay to.

Would be good if the forum had negotiated a deal with someone to provide us cheaper literature seen as we have to renew then every 3 yrs and they aren't cheap top start with

I appreciate you letting me know maybe others I the forum could benefit as well

Cheers

Karl did you got my Email then . let me known mate , it has been sent
PS it is forbidden for me to put it in Main forum .

Hi Mate,

yes I got your email and the link to the Online bookstore you recommended,

I got a extra 3.5% discount on top of there on line prices so got a good deal really mate, Its the cheapest place on the net for the Regs, OSG, GNs

I would recommend them to everyone arrived quickly and are genuine copies

Cheers again G

To get a copy that you can be certain will contain the least amount of mistakes you would unfortunately have to purchase a copy direct from the IET.

Come on DillB they haven’t started printing the first corrigendum yet. It will be followed 3 months later with the second.

Least mistakes and the IET don’t fit in to a logical sentence.

Reply to Amd 3 2015 books in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net