Discuss Amtech 2013 software, poor update ! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

WELSHTESTER

I've loaded the new 2013 Amtech software this week and have found that it's quite poor

on the new software they have added an extra program to the desktop, a new EICR certificate, unfortunatley though several of the time saving short cuts and extras are missing, i.e, there is no "fill all blanks with n/a", it does not automatically insert the test instruments serial numbers, it also does not fill in the insulation resistance boxes automatically either so due to this it takes much longer to fill the form in

I phoned the helpline only to be told that all theese shortcuts and features will be added in the update later in the year

I also tried to open a new periodic certificate with an existing certificate/installation that I have done before in the database but found that most of the information was missing, i.e, the circuit designation info was there but the type of cable, reference method, size of cable, size of mcb were all missing and had to be entered manually again which caused me to take 2 to 3 times longer than predicted to fill in and complete the form

Has anybody else had the same trouble? any tips? or can anyone recommend an alternative to amtech?

thanks

ive got exactly the same problem, i'm our QS and also do all the testing and i've been using the amtech BS standard EICRs for the last 6 months. I too have seen their version of the NICEIC eicr, i've had one go at filling it in and gave up. no shortcuts and no way of hiding the sidebar on the left. Rubbish!

Dear ‘Welshtester’, many thanks for your feedback on our 2013 release software. I am sorry that you feel that there are some aspects of the package that have not met your expectations. We take all comments, complaints and suggestions very seriously and would like the opportunity to discuss your issues directly. Please do not hesitate to call my support team on 01908 608833 and select the ‘Technical Support’ option and we would be very happy to take you through the changes in detail and discuss any issues you may have. Please use my name as a point of escalation if required. Alternatively you can email us at [email protected] marked for my attention and we will get back to you directly.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Ian Elmer, Director of Customer Services, Amtech Group.

grantr37, that is of course a great idea and we are always interested in feedback on our products. Did you know that we hold user groups to do this very thing at varying times throughout the year? If you are interested by all means get in contact with me via the methods I posted above.

Thanks,

Ian

Started to use it back in 2008. Got so fed up on phone to tech support at least twice a week. All you guys where interested in was money! I changed my computer and to swap over the software was such hard work. You would have thought I was a spy or summit. Unhelpful, rude, arrogant, no customer service!
software is/was rubbish especially for the price I was being charged.

In the end I binned it and went back to my trusted pencil and calculator, so much more quicker and new the results what're accurate.

I have been using Ametech since 2003 and up until the 2010 update was happy but when I upgraded all my data disappeared and after ringing tech support and a conversation a file was emailed to them and sent back with another companies test results in the file.

After various calls and no resolving the issue i carried on and started again.

Since then it seem all updates have bugs etc and are slow at being added and at Over £600 for the premier care package to say i was disappointed was an understatement.

In 2011 I contacted them to cancel my renewal of the Premier care package and was told this would happen and they were sorry to loose me as a valued customer. To my dismay they carried on taken my monthly direct debit after the expiry of the package. On phoning i was informed that i would have to pay for the whole year again to say i was angry was an understatement and to cap it all I had no updates the whole year for over £600.00.

I rang again in 2012 near the expiry date and was told to put it in an email which I did and asked for confirmation of the cancellation also cancelled the direct debit at the same time.

To date I have had no confirmation from Amtech only a email saying 1 owe them 2 direct debit payments.

They were told where to go from me over this and told of the problems the year before and to ring me to discuss.

To date I am still waiting for that call and some explanations.

I now use EasyCert and find it is an excellent product with good support at a fraction of the cost.

So Ian from Amtech you need in my eyes to sort your customer care department out and get back to supporting us smaller contractors better.

Regards

Nick Gray

N D Gray electrical Services Ltd

Well, I don’t know what it is you done to get yourself banned but you probably saved yourself from a lot of negative comments or feedback if you prefer. I used the Amtech software during the early naughty’s and found it superb. The database alone was worth it’s weight in gold. Amtech then started messing with it and fixed stuff that wasn’t broken, then you fixed some more stuff that wasn’t broken. Driven by the greed for maximum financial gain with very little in return, you then started stripping out the remaining useful stuff and left nothing but a pain in the backside. In the end the software with the loss of the database, reluctantly got dumped for something else. We won’t be going back to it no matter how good you make it now. The lesson has been learned!!!

The new version of protect is very good. You can now access energy let through data and compare thermal conductor withstand.
Still lots of errors in pro design and single cable. When selecting current limiting devices, it doesn't use near end fault levels, so cables are undersized.

been with amtech years and after ringing customer support today i think it is time to move to the NIC software never spoke to so many arrogant people. customer care zero!!!!

Reply to Amtech 2013 software, poor update ! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock