Discuss Amtech 3 phase tx load in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Richard3009

Just trying to work out a cable and fuse size for a 3kva 415/240v transformer with a 2kW load on it, using Amtech single cable, there are no settings for showing a transformer on the load side, is it possible to calc a transformer load on Amtech.

If I use a motor as the load it chooses fuses very close to the load rating, but I'm sure the transformer inrush will rupture them. I can uprate the fuses but if I do that what's the point of using Amtech in the first place.

If the TX has bee sized correctly, then size the protection on the secondary to suit the designed load.

Just trying to work out a cable and fuse size for a 3kva 415/240v transformer with a 2kW load on it, using Amtech single cable, there are no settings for showing a transformer on the load side, is it possible to calc a transformer load on Amtech.

If I use a motor as the load it chooses fuses very close to the load rating, but I'm sure the transformer inrush will rupture them. I can uprate the fuses but if I do that what's the point of using Amtech in the first place.
Is it 240V single phase?

Reply to Amtech 3 phase tx load in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm in the middle of preparing a quote for installing 12 x 3Kw and 4 x 2Kw halogen heaters in a church. The system design was provided by a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, We have a CNC router which uses single phase for the spindle, stepper motors and control box. This is all wired in and working...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
So, the actual job is on a farm. I think I'll keep things simple at the moment and just ask about voltage drop. I'll come on to earthing and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock