Discuss Another jib thread - sorry!!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
There's thousands of posts on this but i cant seem to find anyone in my particular situation, and I have rung the jib but as rear usual they give conflicting answers so here it goes,

im after the elusive gold approved card my quals are:

2330 lv 2
2330 lv 3
17th (haven't taken the amendment)
2356 nvq3
2377 pat testing
2399 solar pv/rerenewables

but I haven't got the am2, I've just completed back in January the nvq via delta training

jib are saying I need am2 but some aren't cant someone please stead some light I promise I've looked through all pages regarding my situation but I feel lost

thanks everyone!

tom

My boss at the time was a absolute grinch and didn't let me take the time off and I couldn't do it, will I still be graded approved?

- - - Updated - - -

dont know about england but in scotland sjib dont recognise these training courses , they are a con

May be a con but I came out with the 2356 nvq cert

looking at your qual's you should be eligible for the gold card. adults that have the 2356 are not required to do the am2 - and you don't need the amendment for the 17th.

I done a 3 year apprentiship and came out my time back in 2009 but didn't complete the nvq or am2 so I went with delta training before the 2356 changed in jan??

Am I classed as a adult learner?
Thanks for everyone's input btw

dont know about england but in scotland sjib dont recognise these training courses , they are a con

apart from pat testing and solar power, the qualifications that he has are exactly the same as the ones that time served apprentices have. they're not short course qual's (apart from 17th and 2391 - but they're add-ons).

I done a 3 year apprentiship and came out my time back in 2009 but didn't complete the nvq or am2 so I went with delta training before the 2356 changed in jan??

Am I classed as a adult learner?
Thanks for everyone's input btw

you should be classed as an electrician - you've got 2330 levels 2 and 3, nvq level 3 and 17th. after two years you can apply for 'approved' seeing as you've got 2391.

i know mate and am not want to p**s on anyones parade but i have heard of guys doing these courses paying a lot of money promised big things then sjib dont recognise them

you should be classed as an electrician - you've got 2330 levels 2 and 3, nvq level 3 and 17th. after two years you can apply for 'approved' seeing as you've got 2391.

Finished my lv 2 in 2007 my lv 3 in 2008/2009
So would it be 2 years from this or 2 years from my 2391 and 17th which where done at the same time and completed in 2011?
Sorry for the questions just wana try and clarify it all,

and I don't agree with the short courses I done the day release apprentiship!

you'd have to have your gold card for two years before they'd consider you for an approved grade. so it's 2 years from the day you get your jib gold card, not two years from the date you got your 2391.

i know mate and am not want to p**s on anyones parade but i have heard of guys doing these courses paying a lot of money promised big things then sjib dont recognise them

had a quick butcher's at the sjib site and, if i read it right, it does seem as though they'll only give you a grading if you've served an apprenticeship.

if that's the case, it makes me think that they won't recognise english jib gold card holders that haven't done an apprenticeship.

Reply to Another jib thread - sorry!!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock