Discuss Another star bites the dust.. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I spent some time looking through the list of well known people who passed away in 2016 on the BBC News website. No more than normal, but you (well I do) forget who have departed. Then I see that Ken Dodd has been knighted in the New Years Honours, and I thought he passed away last year (sorry Mr Dodd)!

@sparksburnout With the south and housemartins before them it was the lyrics I first fell in love with and the first couple of south albums were when I got hooked, but that said I didn't like a lot of the mainstream stuff " Perfect ten" being a good example but I suppose if you really like someone you forgive their weaknesses.
Bowie, as you say was an absolute legend but I fought liking him for many years due to my older sister being a huge fan so it would have been uncool to like him, I then turned my attention to the Specials, Selector, madness, The Beat but only the early stuff, the likes of madness were awesome with songs like The Prince, but for me lost all credibility with tracks like house of fun etc.
But the older you get the more you appreciate and go back to music like Bowie, I now have I think all his albums.

This is a classic Paul Weller moment for me with Noel Gallagher, doing a brilliant version of That's Entertainment, It puts some of the groups of today to shame. two Guys with guitars in it's simplest form.

Paul Weller is an absolute legend and in my opinion the best contemporary song writer there has been. Live he is a man out there on his own.

This is a classic Paul Weller moment for me with Noel Gallagher, doing a brilliant version of That's Entertainment, It puts some of the groups of today to shame. two Guys with guitars in it's simplest form.

Couldn't agree more GMES, brilliant. The older I get the more I find my myself listening to the old stuff. For me, Glastonbury is a prime example of how things have gone downhill over the past decade or so. Some of the carp that has "headlined" on there is terrible, no right to tread the same boards as some of the brilliant bands that have gone before them. It's not all bad news though, there are still some brilliant bands and individuals, have seen Laura Marling on a few occasions including the Albert Hall, fantastic talent.

I spent some time looking through the list of well known people who passed away in 2016 on the BBC News website. No more than normal, but you (well I do) forget who have departed. Then I see that Ken Dodd has been knighted in the New Years Honours, and I thought he passed away last year (sorry Mr Dodd)!
Were you tickled?

Were you tickled?
I see what you did there!!!
I have to admit, though, I also thought he had passed away many years ago. Apologies if you're watching Ken.

Reply to Another star bites the dust.. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net