Discuss Anyone done work for LOM Maintenance? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well i'll be a dutchman's uncle, I have received a cheque for the work I did all those months ago. This is very odd, because i'm certain the email I had from their accounts person, Sue, a couple of months back, told me they were paying me in the next BACS run. I'm expecting the cheque to bounce, but i'm amazed they sent it given the length of time etc. I'll keep you posted. (even if the cheque does clear, i'm still not working for them again, just to clear that up).

Don't rejoice until the cheque has cleared. At least by issuing a cheque, even if it bounces they've effectively admitted the debt so it should be easier to seek a legal remedy through the courts should you decide to go that route.

I did a job for these guys last year and didnt get paid. They have since phoned me on 3 seperate ocations asking me to do more work for them! Needless to say i told them where to go on each occation but they havnt taken the hint yet! I just hope nobody else gets done by them.

12 months later they are still asking me to attend call outs!
No pay, no way, never, even if they pay me, and give me £2k compensation for messing me about!

Take the hint, get lost!!!

Idiots!

12 months later they are still asking me to attend call outs!
No pay, no way, never, even if they pay me, and give me £2k compensation for messing me about!

Take the hint, get lost!!!

Idiots!

but did the cheque clear? that's the important piece of info missing.

I did a job for them a couple of weeks ago. Just sent invoice and was looking for an address to put on invoice Searched name and got load of sites with traders not receiving payment - link to this thread came up to. I will update if I get paid (or not). Probably no address exists - just phones and a PO Box address.

I have just been on the phone to Kirsty ,Sue and Richard we've had an abrupt conversation about a cheque that hasn't arrived .They to need to have permission from their manager to process anything .I was told they pay after thirty days because so that they can process all the information and have it sorted out on time :/ .my wife saw this coming but I didn't .When are you guys planning the mass visitation count me in please .I will personally hire a bus and pick everyone up !!

I do not recommended this organisation to any traders who provide the service for them as they are a shamble, in all means they charge the customers and they don't pay the trader after finishing the job. scammer scammer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,

Had a call from LOM Maintenance, in Southend, they do call out work accross the country.
They seemed proffessional, but they do not pay!! I only did two jobs, but as i'm cautious and busy, i waited and got plenty of calls, but was unable to help.
When i spoke to the call centre last, and said no work till i get paid. No more calls, no more work.

Anyone else had dealings with them??
Hi mate I've never heard of them and worked around Essex for 15+ years they sound like a call handling FM company which will use all different contractors and knock them all I'd steer clear if I were you.

Hilarious! They told me they'd tell me when that was going to be aired, but never mind. I hope any of you who are still waiting for money from these guys feels a little happier knowing a small guy struck back.

I have a feeling the team may close this thread, I hope they do not, this guy stinks and the whole www of electricians need to know it, a complete country ban from any sparks working for this idiot needs to happen, appalling, nothing worse than making someone graft then taking their money.

All the information I have posted links to is freely accessible from reputable sources: Radio 4, Mirror and, one supposes, O'Mahoneys own entry to Linked in.

Mirror - I don't think it has anything to do with the Daily Mirror.

New Info
Andrew Penman and Nick Sommerlad form the Daily Mirror's Investigations team. They write a weekly column in the Mirror every Thursday and they're here to help uncover the scams, and expose the people behind them. They won the Cudlipp Award for campaigning popular journalism at the 2010 British Press Awards

Last edited:

Reply to Anyone done work for LOM Maintenance? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net