Discuss Anyone done work for LOM Maintenance? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I had a call this morning from 01702330177. I rejected the call as I recognised the code as Leigh-on-Sea and assumed it was LOM. The caller left a message claiming to be from "ERG", and asking me to do "electrical testing" for them. Looking them up the closest I can find is Erg Maintenance Ltd, based 6 doors from Lawrence O'Mahony's "Registered Address" according to LAURENCE PATRICK O'MAHONY director information. Free director information. . I don't have any evidence the two are connected but you can draw your own conclusions. LOM still owe me £85 from January.

I had a call this morning from 01702330177. I rejected the call as I recognised the code as Leigh-on-Sea and assumed it was LOM. The caller left a message claiming to be from "ERG", and asking me to do "electrical testing" for them. Looking them up the closest I can find is Erg Maintenance Ltd, based 6 doors from Lawrence O'Mahony's "Registered Address" according to LAURENCE PATRICK O'MAHONY director information. Free director information. . I don't have any evidence the two are connected but you can draw your own conclusions. LOM still owe me £85 from January.

I did some work for ERG (Emergency Response Group) in November 2014 - and am still chasing payment. They just give you the run-around. Their phone number is 01702330177. "Head office" is stated as 524A London Road, Westcliff-on-Sea, Esses, SS0 9HS. The VAT reg number they gave me is for ERG Maintenance Ltd, Sole director Ms Tara Zoe Sexton. The VAT number is registered a few doors up at 539-541 London Road, but Companies house has a different address (probably an accountancy firm with 100's of other companies also registered there). Having read other posts here I have a bad feeling about this...

Further to my last post, ERG have just paid me! (after I shouted at them...). This was at 73 days after the invoice date. They chose to ignore the additional late payment interest and admin penalties.
I won't be accepting any more jobs from them.

I did some work for ERG (Emergency Response Group) a couple of months ago. I was suspicious and posted to a gas engineer's forum I belong to, but unfortunately didn't see the replies until after I'd done the work.

As I feared I wasn't going to get paid, I chased them up as soon as their 29 day payment terms were up. I phoned and emailed them many times and was always given polite replies that I would be paid that there was not problem. I mailed them telling them I was going to issue a Small Claims action if I wasn't paid with 7 days. Again they promised to pay. Actually, their accounts office who you can't speak to on the phone, they only take email, said they would forward my email to their director to ensure urgent payment.

I issued a Small Claims action 9 days ago and got a cheque today. I'm guessing they operate a business model of not paying people until they get a summons, biting the bullet for the additional cost because the majority of people that don't bother for a small some (my invoice was for £93 they paid £158 including my court fee of £25 and £40 that regulations say you can charge for non payment recovery costs). Nasty.

Hopefully this thread will stop people getting burned, but if you find it after the event as I did, do take the effort to take them to court (it's not hard, took me about 30 mins online through the government website https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online) and try and let's try to stop this happening.

Hi all

I was owed £500 by this company upto 1 hour ago.
After reading this post I called them up and told lewis to tell tara that unless I have my money by the morning I will be at their door at 9am with the police and trading standards.

Within 2 minuets of hanging up the phone they paid me!

Worth a try for anyone else owed money by erg or lom

Just had a call from this number and something popped in my mind.
After looking here I found this thread and called them up to cancel the call saying I have heard about them and declined the work.

Call 01702330177 time 12.23

cheers
stewart

job detail,
Good afternoon Sir, Lewis from ERG here.
Thank you for accepting job ****, here is the information to follow.

Job Reference: ****
Site Contact: Mr Peter ****
Site Address: ****** Stewarton, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, KA3 3
Requirements: Establish and repair an issue with a frequently tripping RCD. Domestic property.
Attendance: 19[SUP]th[/SUP] October - Between 13:00 - 15:00
Agreed labour rate: £35/h on site + cost of any parts or materials if required. As verbally agreed payment is to be made in full within 28 day from receipt of invoice.

Should the work go over 1 hours labour or materials be needed please call us to advise on 01702 330177before proceeding.

Do not discuss prices, collect payment or leave any paperwork on site.

Please ensure you get the attached signed with times on/off site to be sent in with your invoice (don’t put prices on there) – If you are unable to print off the attached then please get a piece of paper signed on site by the customer with times on/off site. We are unable to charge for time off of site.

On completion please email your invoice to [email protected] along with your bank details – Our payment terms are within 28 days from receipt of invoice.

Head office address: 524A London Road, Westcliff on Sea, Essex SS0 9HS

Any problems please contact me on 01702 330177

Please email back to confirm you have received this.

Kind Regards
Lewis
Customer Operations
ERG (Emergency Response Group)
0800 211 8597
www.emergencyresponsegroup.co.uk
All quotes are valid for 30 days and are subject to site survey.
image001.jpg@01D10A69.E0EA4B70

ERG Maintenance Ltd
VAT No 186501892

Last edited:
I'm reliably informed a similar type of company to steer clear of is NPE MAINTENANCE
Same business model even down to the (not customer details) business details/model Baldy has posted

It sounds like they're all getting tarred with the same brush. Could this not be a legitimate business model with just one or two rogue operators?

Hi
Thought I must add to this thread. I own a glass company in Birmingham. We carry out emergencies and are well known around the country with some of the bigger companies who pass us emergency work. Out of the blue we got a call from ERG and were promised payment for a small job within 7 days. We did the job and after chasing got paid. However whilst on holiday this year (August) they passed us three jobs total sum approx £630.00
We did the jobs but had to chase and chase for a response. They have no direct line to their accounts department? and every time we questioned by email we were told that the director would be approached for payment.
Eventually in December we issued a Money on line claim. They paid the day they received the court order.
Unfortunately this is not how we and the majority of good business's trade.
Would advise all traders to avoid this company unless they can make an immediate bank or credit card payment to your account.

I did a call out job recently for 24 Hour Express Services Ltd.
Address & telephone number are very, very similar SS0 9HW; 01702 350505; - Must be the same company!

I charged £65 for the call out and was paid via bank transfer about 1 week after invoice, which was great, No Complaints!

However, it was only when i got home, i realized that this was one of those companies, totally ripping off customers & tradesmen (been done before with similar company) & ****ed off that i had provided them with such a prompt, fantastic service (making them look good & making them a small fortune!).

My advice would be (as previously mentioned): ask for clients telephone number 1st before accepting job (need directions, timescales etc.) & ask for immediate 'minimum' payment upfront - which is exactly how they charge their clients!
If they say NO - just tell them NO!
SIMPLE!!

Hope this helps everyone!

Cheers Kev

Happy New Year :)

I am a glazier based in Scotland, and i too have had the run around from this shower of conmen and women,Known as ERG Emergency Response Group, I racked up a total of 6 jobs for them and it took me 14 months to finally get paid, not after phoning almost everyday, and eventually sending a recorded delivery letter to Zara Sexton (costing £7.95).

Not only that I was always prompt for them, great rap-our with the customers and done a great Job, but on speaking to one of the customers, she said to me ""I think i`ve rushed into this, didn`t realise the price fully, but have already paid them" job was to replace a double glazed unit in door with a new cat flap, i quoted them £180 all in. THEY CHARGED HER £420. Not bad for doing nothing except answer a phone.

6 months had passed since i got my money, Then i got a call from them again to look at another job, I said right away, i`ll do the job, but I want paid straight after i do it, they said they couldn't get this authorized in time, but said look ill personally make sure you get paid this time.,,,"" Yeah ok like i`ve not heard them false promises before.

So I went to the boys house having agreed £35 an hour labour charge previous.....I broke their golden rule and asked him how much they where charging him....(wait for it......an unbelievable £150 ph +VAT. so i said phone them and ask them where the hell am i?? he hasn`t turned up yet??, i then said I would do the job for £100 all in, Guy was delighted and has a large portfolio of properties he rents out, and would love ME to do the work at them.

The guy got his refund from them, but had he said i was there, but no longer wanted to use them, he`d have to pay them £45 + VAT cancelation fee.

When I got to the van I had TWELVE MISSED calls from them, I answered the 13th call, and it was the bitch who phoned me previously to book job on, I said I chose not to go to the job because you dont bother to pay me once i do the job, lol was so funny as she was so frantic on the phone saying "" I have the customer on the other ling VERY angry having wasted his day demanding a refund"" I laughed and said thats your problem not mines.

KARMA is very rewarding.

PLEASE AVOID THIS SHOWER. For all decent boys trying to make a living this shower spoil it, and not just that ripp customers off with exaggerated prices, BUT remember its your business who turns up to do the work, so may tarnish your name as a ripp off merchant.

i did 4 call'outs for ERG in early december last year. invoiced them on 12/12/15.last week after repeated emails and re-presenting the invoices, they have finally paid 1 of them. STAY CLEAR

I've had calls up here in Scotland from LOM and other variations. I did eventually get paid but just because they realised I wasn't going away.
now I just say money up front , they refuse and when I point out that they get paid upfront they just give up.
bunch of charlatans , preying on the weak.

I made the mistake of taking on work for Emergency Response Group. I have not been paid for two months. It may only be £65 but they rely on tradesmen giving it up as a lost cause. I've reported them to Trading Standards and will be pursuing them relentlessly. Do not take on any work from them!

update. invoiced them on 12/12/15.due 12/01/16. after several emails and phone calls, finally got paid today, after debt collectors called in and i gave their rep some stick when they had the cheek to ask me to do some more call-outs. . only 2 and a half months late.

Thanks for the update Tel, I had fingers crossed for you and I'm glad you got your money eventually. Thankfully it was a relatively small amount but the problem with late payments like that is that what little profit you would have made is eroded to nothing after 2 1/2 months. :(

I'm reliably informed a similar type of company to steer clear of is NPE MAINTENANCE
Same business model even down to the (not customer details) business details/model Baldy has posted

I'm having similar problems with NPE and the experience is very similar to that I had with ERG. Similarities include:

• Ignored payment with no communication

• Ignored communication

• Denied any knowledge of the invoice when contact made, had to resend invoice

• Accounts dept apparently unable to issue payment without director's authority, director on holiday of course.
  • Different addresses on google map listing, company website, and companies house records.

If these companies are not linked I would be very surprised.

Reply to Anyone done work for LOM Maintenance? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net