Discuss anyone fitted a chint board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Phil

as the title. I know they are the cheaper end of price but its the link bars inside the boards that make them look so much better inside

anyone fitted a chint board {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Never fitted a pre-assembled board but we've tried the MCB's and RCD's on a couple of budget jobs. The screws are prone to stripping when you give them that final 'umph' as you tighten them and we had a couple of internal mechanical failures where the MCB's just refused to reset. I don't think they're complete garbage but I do think it might be worth spending a little extra for something a little more higher-end quality wise

I seem to remember coming across Chint on a job somewhere... Can't remember where though but I've a feeling they're rebadged BG...

Never fitted a pre-assembled board but we've tried the MCB's and RCD's on a couple of budget jobs. The screws are prone to stripping when you give them that final 'umph' as you tighten them and we had a couple of internal mechanical failures where the MCB's just refused to reset. I don't think they're complete garbage but I do think it might be worth spending a little extra for something a little more higher-end quality wise

not fitting one anytime soon :D with the pot and all. just seen them in the wholesalers and liked the bars. look a lot tidier than the cable.

I seem to remember coming across Chint on a job somewhere... Can't remember where though but I've a feeling they're rebadged BG...

Just found where it was talked about on another thread...

Chint = MCG = CEF "own brand" as far as I remember

the problem with those solid bars is that you can't alter the config. they're not as bad as some make out. i've used a couple. they deffo not BG.

the problem with those solid bars is that you can't alter the config. they're not as bad as some make out. i've used a couple. they deffo not BG.

You're right, just found my old thread about it. Reason I thought BG was because I used a BG RCD to replace the faulty Chint/MCG one that I was using.

as the title. I know they are the cheaper end of pric but its the link bars inside the boards that make them look so much better inside

must proof read must proof read must proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof read

I blame the broken wrist and having to drag a fibre glass pot around the keyboard :D oh and the fact that im typing with 2 fingers

Chint boards don’t proved out to be worth for anyone. I don't like the internal tails of this kind of boards. We always use fully loaded boards cheaper than buying a Chint. I have used this board few days ago but getting lots of mechanical failures in it.

Fitted one once, was fine. No failures good RCD kinetics. And veh, veh, cheap. Was peddled bt Wilts

must proof read must proof read must proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof readmust proof read must proof read

NEVER underestimate the impotence of proof reading !!! ;)

TB, you missed trolley off your sig. :6:

Reply to anyone fitted a chint board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock