Discuss anyone tried calling the JIB about your new card in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

test electrical

I have been trying for days to get though to find out where my card is. You get put in a clue 6/9 and sometimes it says we have a high level of callers at the minute.
After an half an hour it just cuts you off.
So send an email! A week ago. Still waiting, its just an renewal done the test logged on to myecs payed the money this was in June by the way. Three years ago I renewed my card and they send me the same card back said it have more than three months on it and four days. Am going to get an CSCS card next time its for 5 years instead of 3. The JIB with there four staff all on mega money calling themselves a charity.What do they really do and do we need them.there not in the government they don't police anything, in fact no one does except trading standards and the HSE anyways. There not in any Regs I've ever seen, just a money racket. We need a government body with an licensing scheme like Aus and the states.

I put in for my adult trainee ECS on 04/04/2016 - checked after 2 months by email, automated reply. Next month, automated and the next. No actual person replying. Decided to call one day and spoke to a person and they said the card would be out to me in 10 days and I realised that you need to call - but nothing happened, no card. So as of today 13/09 it has been 5 months I week - that has got to be wrong for a business. I don't need the card for what I'm doing so it's not bothering me but still - 'that's bad business'

Spent 38 minuets on hold the other day until someone answered. The person I spoke to was not useful at all and just wanted to fob me off with their web site and "send an e-mail to.."

It has become beyond a joke now. They need more staff (that know what their are on about) and a system that does not take an age to apply/rectify things that mean so much in the real working world so people like us can get onto a site or move up a pay grade or 2.

Beginning to hate the JIB for many reasons, a lot of us feel the same. Something needs to be done.

In a word they're useless. Never answer phones or reply to emails so I've given up trying. If my new card comes it'll be the last time I even bother with them.

Am going to call them now, so by the time I get to work I might have time to talk. Because everyone has got a spare hour or so between 8/5 to listen to the phone and with the amount of calls I received a day to keep my staff going I call cant afford it. Should have looked after my first one it had no expiry date on it.

Normally the JIB post a renewal reminder letter. I never received one this time and had to find the card to see when it is due to expire! Pity because had I filed the application a fortnight ago my H&S assessment would still have been valid!

In dispute with the JIB regarding my renewal been a member with the jib for 14 years now moves to Scotland and told that I carnt re apply to them to renew, As I lived in Scotland I had to apply to the SJIB. Which I did to be told my 17th edition is out of date as I did it more than 5 years ago and have to re sit that before I can get a membership card and be a member of the Sjib but if I lived in England I could renew with the jib no problem mmmm go figure

That's mad Scots, got an email today, what's the chance they troll this. Should have a card in the next five working days? I would reapply to your friends house and get it posted up to you.The only difference up there is the building Regs or a bit different and that's only to do with structural.So they get to have there own parliament to set these rules

Reply to anyone tried calling the JIB about your new card in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net