Discuss Anyone used these guys for 2394 & 2395 exams? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all
I need to get the 2394 and 2395 exams under my belt. Pretty rusting on all testing and inspection to be honest and time is a little bit tight at the moment.

Anyone used these guys before?

Inspection and Testing Course 2394-2395

Would be very helpful if I could run through it all at my own pace, but really want some feedback about this course before trying it. If it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Thanks all

It says it the course and exam simulator? I know its not the actual exam... that I assume you book yourself once you know you are ready.
Surely it must contain the course content?

Six modules of self study aid and an exam simulator; it will be hard to acquire the needed information from this, but it is cheap!
If you are pretty well up to date with everything required already then this would be a useful adjunct but if you are new to it then I do not think this would be enough and you would also need to contact exam centres beforehand to ensure that there is one available who would book the exam only for you.

alright mate,

done the 2395 in november, and the resit in april!! LOL its tough, but i was a complete novice to domestic work/testing. having tried and failed i would recomend getting a copy of guidence note 3 (about £30) and have a good read through that before you decide. also google city and guilds chief examiners report 2394 and 2395, you can download his comments on the past few exams and it gives you good advice as to were people are failing and what is expected of a candidate. if like myself testing and the equiptment used are new to you then a college or test center would be benificial as they should have test riggs set up for you to practice on and the lectureres should have a good understanding to answer any questions.
i havent started the 2394 yet, but if its as tough as the 2395 i'll be locking myself in the shed again to study for it!! the average pass mark is low, but they only want the ones to pass, that should be passing. read GN3 and digest it, this is were all the answers MUST come from. they want it as its written in the book, not how you think, or a mate tells you!

Good luck with it, nowts easy thats worth having so stick in mate!!

Like I said.... too good to be true!
My local training centre want £1110 for both courses. Just way too much money, but I do need these under my belt.
The local college also does the course a bit cheaper, but spread over 3 months which is just making it painfully long I think.
I was reading a load of old cobblers about how the 2391 was too hard, so they introduced these instead? Anyway.... irrelevant, I still have to do them.
Bought the GN3 yesterday, so I will stick my head into that.
I am totally useless at exams (got 99% in my 17th edition last year, but my God did I swat up for that). NOTHING sinks in my head and stays there now I am getting on a bit.
Looks like I will have to spank the cash out again then....

Last edited:
Like I said.... too good to be true!
My local training centre want £1110 for both courses. Just way too much money, but I do need these under my belt.
The local college also does the course a bit cheaper, but spread over 3 months which is just making it painfully long I think.
I was reading a load of old cobblers about how the 2391 was too hard, so they introduced these instead? Anyway.... irrelevant, I still have to do them.
Bought the GN3 yesterday, so I will stick my head into that.
I am totally useless at exams (got 99% in my 17th edition last year, but my God did I swat up for that). NOTHING sinks in my head and stays there now I am getting on a bit.
Looks like I will have to spank the cash out again then....

just read that gn3 over and over many times as other guys have said already.

i did both last 95 was trickier than 94 i thought. have a read at the sticky threads in this section you will find a lot of helpful stuff.

good luck.

Well it is either Middlesborough college, which is £330+vat over 3 months for each part (don't fancy dragging it out that long).
Or PASS in Stockton on tees which is a whopping £666 per part but its only 4 days. Plus all the books etc, you can wave goodbye to £1500.

there is no better substitute preparation for the 2391 / 94 / 95 courses than to actually practice testing in the workplace.
studying books will only get you so far when faced with the tough practical assessment under exam conditions.
borrow a set of testers and practice on your own or families properties until the basic steps become second nature.
this will serve you better than any study aid , i guarantee it.

Anyone used these guys for 2394 & 2395 exams?

brian scaddan , inspection and testing book get it on ebay for about 15 quid , its great if you have not done a lot of testing it explains everything and has all the diagrams for the exams

Hi Guys ,I got results of my 2395 and failed ,,was not aspecting really ,i messed up the question i got to explain the earth fault path for TT TN.C.S and TN.S it was 15 marks question and then i did not explain another 4 marks question ,,i think i should get 70 marks to get it done but ,,don't know what is pass mark percentage?

could anybody suggest to get good simulator to practice from ebay or anywhere ?

i did bought some but mostly related to 2391 .
any help will much appreciated

MIK

Reply to Anyone used these guys for 2394 & 2395 exams? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock