Discuss Apple certification software in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Frosty69

Hi people,

What software are people using on Apple Macbook pro to complete installation test certificates? I need to put a logo on the certificate if possible.

Thanks

hi mate I paid 1k for it with the windows xp for mac, have not downloaded any yet, i have tried three sites that have test programs but with no luck as yet. Great computer but some of the simplest things you get on a windows laptop just don't work on mac program

Great computer but some of the simplest things you get on a windows laptop just don't work on mac program

What is it you find just dont work?

I have been running a macbook pro with parallels and win7 for coming up 2 years now.

The certification software I use is windows based PIRform, with the long battery life I can use it all day on 1 charge.

Hi mark I've only been using it for about two months and sometimes find I cannot open files that I can open on a windows laptop? I am not a computer wiz but when i was looking at laptops and windows ones that i wanted were £800 i thought may swell get something that people rave about for £200 more but obviously got a bit of learning to do yet. I do love the charge on them i didn't believe the guy at apple win i bought it but he was right!

Also mark I have installed the yellow windows xp,word etc that is mac compatible but do i need something else as well as? thanks

Can't say I have ever had problems opening files in Apple software.

I'm not aware of any electrical certificate software that runs on Apple though, only windoze.

I use Easycert. Straight forward to operate/navigate and the email support has been great - can add logo's, signatures etc.

Hi use bootcamp, you can then run any software, already installed on your mac if not it's on the installation disc, you can then run windows as a partition and have the best of both worlds. you just choose your partition at start up. Another system is parallels this runs windows as a separate window alongside apple software.

phil

Sort of defeats the point in having a Mac if you are going to partition it or use parallels. Who wants all those nasty MS problems. Thats why I just have a dedicated cheap laptop for work, so I can stay way from MS as much as possible and limit to work software only :)

Hi I use easycert for iPad it's great nice guy who wrote it fab support was power guard by seaward but that only runs on PC

Just in the process of sorting some software out for my MAC now, currently running a trial of easycert - via parallels (also on trial)

Good bit of kit so far, I'm really impressed. Really saves so much time with all the drop down menus and all the other good features, keep finding extra little things it can do.

Worked out it will easily pay for itself within a few months.

So many good features, only had it set up a couple of days and already think I have made up my mind :yes:

Also a good enough excuse for me to buy a new iPad :teeth_smile:

Sy

New Ipad... now thats a good idea :) Are you running the mobile version on the ipad that operates on the iphone?

All up and running on my Ipad and synched with my MAC - logos scanned in, signature scanned in, set up and ready to go - done (I think)

So in theory none of that having to type my certificates when I get home, one of my pet hates along with most other paper related work.

Got a couple of EIC's and my first EICR to do this week - should make it more interesting.

Sy

ps - still trying to suss out my certificate numbering, no big deal though

Last edited:
Thats great Sythai. Let us know how you get on, particularly with the EICR's and if the Ipad is a useful tool for it.

Reply to Apple certification software in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net