Discuss apprentice tool and prices in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Lee: Take a look at the TLC electrical website, they've got some good prices on tools & delivered to your door. I think their cheapest VDE insulated set is about £10.00.

The list does seem a bit dated and like something they have been issuing since the day dot.

1 heavy hammer (1.25 kill club or limp hammer)
>> think I'd wait till I started to see if one is needed

1 pair of insulated combination pliers
>> Here I hardly use pliers at all, everyone has and develops their own techniques

1 hacksaw frame (suitable for 300mm blades)
>> Here, over a tenner cheaper than toolstation

1 junior hacksaw
>> Here, struggling to think last time I used one

1 clasp knife
>> Sorry no idea where to get that, I use a stanley knife

1 spirit level (225 or 250mm)
>> Here

1 plumb bob line (200gms) no idea what this is if I'm honest
1 chalk line(15m)
>> Here, it does both. Although a tad messy at the former

1 pair foot prints(225m)
>>Grips should suffice

1 claw hammer (500gms)
>> Here

1 flooring chisel(55mm)
>>Here

1 Bradawl (medium)
>> Never actually used one to the best of my knowledge!

1 5m tape measure (19mm wide?
>> Here, better to go to 8m imho here

Lee: Take a look at the TLC electrical website, they've got some good prices on tools & delivered to your door. I think their cheapest VDE insulated set is about £10.00.
the crew drivers need to be
3 x 75mm(flathead)
5 x 150mm(flathead)
5 x 200mm (flathead)
75mm 0pt (crosspoint)
100mm 1pt(crosspoint)
150mm 2pt(crosspoint)
i cant see any sets that have all the screwdrivers
what other websites might have a set with all these screw drivers

You may have to make a set up Lee, sets nowadays are mostly 2.5/4/5.5/6mm
Are you sure on the 5 x 200mm ?

Last edited by a moderator:
75mm 0pt (crosspoint)
100mm 1pt(crosspoint)
150mm 2pt(crosspoint)

That's an odd list; "crosspoint" :eek:?!

Phillips and Pozidriv are not the same, you will need both types.

You could buy a VDE set with a selection of parallel slotted and Phillips drivers, then buy a different brand of VDE Pozidriv drivers individually (or vice versa). That way, they are quicker to identify in your toolbag.

Gaz :)

The other option is to steal one tool from each sparks that you are working with when they are bitching about Brexit, Millwall, West Ham, Liverpool the Wife, Polaks, the price of a pint in Wetherspoons or browsing this forum ;o)))))) better still steal the lot when they are in Greggs........

The other option is to steal one tool from each sparks that you are working with when they are bitching about Brexit, Millwall, West Ham, Liverpool the Wife, Polaks, the price of a pint in Wetherspoons or browsing this forum ;o)))))) better still steal the lot when they are in Greggs........
Anyone stealing tools from any working tradesman want keel hauling, your post was hopefully in jest,either way a bad choice of reply to what could be a youngster, shame on you.

Anyone stealing tools from any working tradesman want keel hauling, your post was hopefully in jest,either way a bad choice of reply to what could be a youngster, shame on you.
Of course it was in jest, West Ham supporters though.......... ;o)))

As newbie on here, is humour banned?

but it'sOK to nick from a wet-pants as he don't know how to use such sophisicated tools anyway ( apart from the lump hammer perhaps ). :)

Reply to apprentice tool and prices in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock