Discuss Apprentice tools in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

danzor

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone know of a decent kit to buy my new lad? I could easily make a kit up, but sometimes it's cheaper/easier to buy a full kit from somewhere. Just wondered if anyone has come across one. I'm not interested in the ones that supply tape and drill bits.

:wub:

Those kits always look a massive rip off to me. Always seem to cost more than the sum of their parts and always have a few bits in you'd never buy. Just choose a decent tool website and spend 30 mins picking the bits out you want him to have.

You should be able to find a site that sells hammers, bolsters, sweeping brushes and teaspoons these days.

Anyone know of a decent kit to buy my new lad? I could easily make a kit up, but sometimes it's cheaper/easier to buy a full kit from somewhere. Just wondered if anyone has come across one. I'm not interested in the ones that supply tape and drill bits.

Best thing these days is a bit of research and shopping about, Amazon can be surprisingly good for certain things.

Those kits always look a massive rip off to me. Always seem to cost more than the sum of their parts and always have a few bits in you'd never buy. Just choose a decent tool website and spend 30 mins picking the bits out you want him to have.

You should be able to find a site that sells hammers, bolsters, sweeping brushes and teaspoons these days.

I know what you mean, I saw kits for £200 and half of it I've never used

I tend to buy my apprentice single tools that are of decent quality, that I know he will use. I don't believe there is one brand that is better than others, so tend to buy what I know works well.

Then when he leaves them at his arse and looses them, he has to replace them. Teaches them to look after them.

I have some unwanted second hand electricians tools I want rid of, they are used but perfectly serviceable, if you are willing to visit Northampton any time I'm more than willing to let them go on the cheap, can't post as there are to many

This probably the best set I've seen that would suit an apprentice, lump hammer, bolster and chisel and any items you think he'll need to do his job. http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/ck-elect...%20-%20Tools&gclid=CM6h1r_3u8sCFfUV0wodo_YA4Q

Last edited:
The above comes to about £150 and has more tools than the CK set. If you was looking at spending around £200 then you could top the above up with tin snips, files, Bush spanner, pipe grips, etc. Would be a pretty good kit for around £200 Imo, especially for a new apprentice.

Don't mind me while I bump some old threads. Just doing the rounds. Ignore the thread if it's not current topic, it'll soon drop off the list, but if the thread interests you, feel free to reply. :)

Reply to Apprentice tools in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net