Discuss Assessment on Friday. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

imago

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I've opted for the ever popular CU change at home for my assessment Friday. So I started with a Wylex rat's nest, changed it for a nice Hager which should do the job. Then blood sweat and tears getting the gas bonding through, during which I discovered some 'alternative' junction boxes under the floor (thanks to the builder who put up the kitchen extension I presume).

Which leaves me with the borrowed neutral to sort out tomorrow, followed by some more testing, and stick on all the labels/tags. Then sit down Thursday and make sure all my paperwork ducks are in a row. Good fun this assessment melarky isn't it? :freak:

Attachments

• Assessment on Friday. oldCU - EletriciansForums.net
    oldCU.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Assessment on Friday. ufloor - EletriciansForums.net
    ufloor.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Assessment on Friday. NewCU - EletriciansForums.net
    NewCU.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 79
It's all fun and games, at least you can be sure that you are now living in a safe installation, but you often wonder if it is worth it.
You may want to get the RCD supply cables further into the terminals as they are showing copper.

Good luck with sorting out the further fun problems, hope it all goes well on Friday, tea and biscuits ready!

you can never get the tails in unless you trim them back, its about time the manufacturers sorted out the tails they supply in boards, we aren't allowed to show copper but they seem to get away with it.

Reply to Assessment on Friday. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock