Discuss Assignment help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Siam

Determine the minimum size of cpc for the circuit giving consideration to; Disconnection times Thermal Constraints?

Here is what I have worked out so far for the circuit -

Ib=p/(Ulx√3) = 12000/(400 x 1.732) = 17.32Amps

From Table B6 I selected a C20 which has a max Zs of 0.87 Ω
20>17.32

Cable Selection

CA=1.03 Cg=0.70

It=In/cacg= 20/1.03x0.70=27.74A

I selected a cable size of 〖4mm〗^2 with a current carrying capacity of 28A, this was found from table 4D1A from the on-site guide.

Reference method B in trunking/conduit

9.5x17.32x42/1000 = 6.91V mv/a/m x ib x L

Yes, the voltage drop does comply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The minimum cross sectional area permitted for a circuit protective conductor is calculated from the formula
View attachment 35719
Therefore you need either the I²t (the let through energy of the protective device)
or the prospective earth fault current and from that using the graphs in Appendix 3 (or the manufacturers data) determine the time in which the protective device will operate and select the appropriate k value for the protective conductor material (presumably copper in table 54.3) you are using.

Reply to Assignment help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I'm currently doing C&G 2365 Level 3 I'm working through the 305 design assignment (Swimming pool, hotel etc.) Other then this assignment I...
Replies
Views
could anyone take a look at these figures please and tell me if they are ok or not. thanks in advance watts where stated 60w x 3 60w x 3 Ib...
Replies
Views
I've recently done a C&G 2396 Electrical Design Course and unfortunately the tutor who taught the course did so for the first time and in my...
Replies
Views
Hi I've a few questions regarding volt drop. Apologies if its a little longwinded but I'd like to get my head around everything. An example...
Replies
Views
S
Bit nervous about putting this on the open board, normally stick to the trainee section. Hope i can get some help. I have recently qualified so...
Replies
Views
Ste69
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock