Discuss Back in the 2391 days in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

For those who have tried this question the answer I was given (by the lecturer) was along the lines of:

You cannot determine Ze from the information given - as the PFC measurement is carried out with bonding connected.

Although most (in the class) agreed they should have thought of this, there was agreement that the question was misleading as it implied that you could.

Hawkmoon you tease LOL, great Thread though Fella, although I was wrong I still enjoyed it. Well done for a decent thread worth reading for once.

Hawkmoon you tease LOL, great Thread though Fella, although I was wrong I still enjoyed it. Well done for a decent thread worth reading for once.

Don't feel bad, nobody in the class (around 20 guys) got it right although there was a few smart asses there lol

As I said half did not even consider the 3 phase element so it was a good learning exercise.

I actually only ever had a quick look at past papers before doing my 2391 (passed 1st time btw), as I found them more of a hindrance than a help.

They would often switch methodology by asking very similar questions on different paper and using a different method giving a different answer.

I am not sure of the date of these past papers, a lot were using 16th ed terminology which were not much use in a 17th ed based exam., some had 240V calcs in, or a hybrid like the question/answer I posted.

They were useful in so far as to see the layout, structure and format of the exam, but that was about it.

Don't feel bad, nobody in the class (around 20 guys) got it right although there was a few smart asses there lol

As I said half did not even consider the 3 phase element so it was a good learning exercise.
Well to be fair it was the early eighties when I did most of my college work, apart from going back to tech for the 16th and then the 17th editions and the odd testing course I am pretty much out of practice in the classroom.

I actually only ever had a quick look at past papers before doing my 2391 (passed 1st time btw), as I found them more of a hindrance than a help.

They would often switch methodology by asking very similar questions on different paper and using a different method giving a different answer.

I am not sure of the date of these past papers, a lot were using 16th ed terminology which were not much use in a 17th ed based exam., some had 240V calcs in, or a hybrid like the question/answer I posted.

They were useful in so far as to see the layout, structure and format of the exam, but that was about it.

Agreed - Useful for judging what you needed to have in memory (closed book), layout etc - but as you say, a bit limited otherwise.

I have my Design and Verification exam tonight so an answer would be nice!

I did that course. Complete waste of time considering our tutor left us to do our course work in class. We only went through past papers on the last day if the course and they were provided by another guy who happened to get the papers from one of his mates who did the course a few years previous with a different training provider.

I'm now doing a degree.

Reply to Back in the 2391 days in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net