Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss bad review unacceptable in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    gave the shed a review on an item. basically, a diall outdoor twin RCD socket. priced at £45. my review stated that similar was £22 at Screwfix.

[​IMG]

We’ve been unable to publish your review as it doesn't meet our guidelines.

However, you're welcome to re-submit a review after checking our guidelines .

just goes to sghow that these *******s only publish good reviews.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Hellmooth

Hellmooth Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CM Electrical
    Very poor! But no surprise!

3. Hellmooth

Business Name:
    CM Electrical
    They own Screwfix anyway, well Kingfisher own them both

• Like Like x 2
  4. ruston

ruston Trusted Advisor

Lol, comical really as they are both owned by the Kingfisher group

• Like Like x 1
  5. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    it's all well and good. to our advantage really, that b&q sell to joe public at a far higher price, but some things, like CUs, they sell just at similar price, so customer thinks he;s being ripped off for a CU change @£300 when he can buy it @ £70. customers don't consider the work anf knowledge involved. they only want to pay a decent labour rate when their BMW goes in for a service @£90/hour labour.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Karin

Karin Trainee Trainee Access

still, reckon kingfisher'd rather as many pay double at the shed, and still pick up custom from the rest in the know at screwfix

7. Hellmooth

Business Name:
    CM Electrical
    If they don't like it then they can go elsewhere, very rarely get questioned over price and got more work than I can handle.

• Like Like x 1
  8. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Electrician's Arms

they also own a Spanish diy store called bricko in Mallorca has well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    The review guidelines state that you should not mention price, B&Q's service or any other company, you are really not left with much to say are you?
    If someone is reading a review they will want to know how much it cost, was it easy to get hold of and should I be buying it elsewhere, but you are not allowed to say any of that; they will also want to know if it works, which at least you could say.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Karin

Karin Trainee Trainee Access

for a second i was tempted to take the challenge of submitting a review wording everything tel said without breaking any of their rules. a loaded review, if you will. then i remembered how much i hate their website..

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Electrician's Arms

the trouble is tele customers thinking we are trying to hoodwink them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde the lights are on but nobody is home

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services
    Haha, very true. Had a woman last week who moaned at the cost (£75 with materials) to move a socket from behind some drawers so she could plug her damn hair straighteners in without an extension lead and stand in front her mirror at the same time.
    Yet she asked how long i would be as she was off to the hair dressers where a friend works, I know she spent nearly as much on a hair cut and getting her roots done!!
    she no doubt considers that price reasonable but seemed aggrieved at paying me!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lucien Nunes

Lucien Nunes Mercury Arc Rectifier Trusted Advisor

I sort of see where they are coming from - they probably have a legal argument for not publishing reviews that mention competitors in case they are even slightly slanderous, and anything with a price in could become out-of-date and give a false impression later on. I also get annoyed when people leave online reviews that confuse the product itself with the service of getting it, e.g. give a good product one star because it was damaged in transit. You might find even if you said how much better it was than anything Screwfix sell, it would still be prohibited because it mentions Screwfix. Be interesting to find out...

• Like Like x 2
  14. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    the B&Q product was Diall. never heard of that make before. are they an "own brand" product? the comparable item @ screwfix was BG. i've used BG accessories regularly and had no problems.

edit. just found a website suggesting that diall are a kingfisher own brand make of tatt.

15. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Check a trade don't seem to tolerate poor reviews or complaints!