Discuss balancing 3phase domestic in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

knight1

I find myself in the position of having to balance a 3phase domestic installation.

The supply comes into a large main house, with 16mm 3c swa to garage (incorporating 8kw sauna, snooker room with heating) and 25mm 3c swa to Pool House (incorporating kitchen, water boiler, water heater etc)

I cannot see a way of easily balancing these loads given the original setup. My consideration was to balance the house as much as poss and have Pool House and Garage on separate phases ( even though the garage load will only occasionally be 35A+, normally 10A ave.

Any suggestion and any advice on obvious / hidden problems that might be encountered??

I find myself in the position of having to balance a 3phase domestic installation.

The supply comes into a large main house, with 16mm 3c swa to garage (incorporating 8kw sauna, snooker room with heating) and 25mm 3c swa to Pool House (incorporating kitchen, water boiler, water heater etc)

I cannot see a way of easily balancing these loads given the original setup. My consideration was to balance the house as much as poss and have Pool House and Garage on separate phases ( even though the garage load will only occasionally be 35A+, normally 10A ave.

Any suggestion and any advice on obvious / hidden problems that might be encountered??
Eltime - 3 Phase Current Balance Protection Relays
Hope this helps you

Reply to balancing 3phase domestic in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net