Discuss Bargain??? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

But this comes in yellow, just like a real fluke!
@hightower, are you missing your 2 weeks holiday for Easter? Welcome to the real world - now get to work!
Common misconception - I didn't get all the holidays off, most of my work had to be done in the holidays. And I didn't know what a holiday was anyway, because when I took annual leave it was to help uncle out. Think I've had 5 days off in last 2.5 years.

Common misconception - I didn't get all the holidays off, most of my work had to be done in the holidays. And I didn't know what a holiday was anyway, because when I took annual leave it was to help uncle out. Think I've had 5 days off in last 2.5 years.
Hang on HT I need to get some tissues, I'm filling up just reading your post, only kidding mate, been there done that got the T shirt

holidays are a waste of time. go abroad and you can't get a decent drink. stay in UK and freeze. last holiday we had was in Turkey. only "beer" is what a cat's pi$$ed out.

mine has a torch, beeper, and a vibrator. so there.
Well mine has all those things and a clip so you can clip it on your overalls and look an even bigger wasock for owning one, and it's made by Klein tools, stitch that if you can.:p:D:rolleyes:

mine was made by focke-wulf, so that can shoot you down in flames.

In all seriousness now though, I have one but it's been sat on the van dash now for three months. Found I was getting in to bad habits with it and decided enough was enough. Don't even miss it, not one bit.

Revived to tell my bargain!!!story.
Working on a big commercial site that uses POETS day and knock off can be from 1 pm so I use this man time (ie. I don't tell the wife that I finish at 1 but 2.30 so I'll be home at 3) to do a little shopping. I head to the area pawn shops (cash converters and the like) that they place conveniently in areas where strangely they have a lot of betting shops, so sad . . BUT . . . looking in the window I see some starrett Hole saws 20 and 25 for £1.99, there was also a Martindale CM51 mini clamp meter 200a couldn't see the price but asked to have a look and a Starrett A2 arbor with pilot.
On the counter;
20mm hole saw £1.99
25mm hole saw £1.99
Martindale CM51 wait for it . . . £1.99
Arbor wait for it again . . . £1.99 - come on, Praise the Lord
£7.96 total bill
Tried really hard to walk away from the 18v Bosch brushless SDS with 2 x 4.0ah batteries as I have wholesalers bill to pay before end of month.
There are some laser levels 5 different makes so did some research and that'll be coming up soon. Been using one on the commercial for tray, basket and what an extremely handy tool, I never knew how good they were until seeing them used for this install.
Thanks for listening, have a cracking weekend.

Last edited:
I bought a set of these last week:

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/wiha-softfinish-vde-slimfix-screwdriver-set-6-pieces/8820g

They're simply the best I've ever used.

@JK-Electrical, I like one of the reviews from an obvious Spark;

"Great drivers. Better and longer lasting than another brand beginning with a W.
I would have easily gone through at least two sets of other drivers to one set of these. Really tough metal obviously.
And the best bit is there is no neon tester included, which would otherwise have ended up in the bin! " (quote)

"Great drivers. Better and longer lasting than another brand beginning with a W.
I would have easily gone through at least two sets of other drivers to one set of these. Really tough metal obviously.
And the best bit is there is no neon tester included, which would otherwise have ended up in the bin! " (quote)
Nothing wrong with WERA drivers, I have the neon tester in the top pocket of my work shirt, makes me look like a Sparky:sweatsmile::smilingimp:

i've got the wiha slin interchangable bit. 18 bits, long shaft. sadly they've gone over to short bits in the handles.Wiha SlimVario VDE Screwdriver Set 16 Pieces - http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/wiha-slimvario-vde-screwdriver-set-16-pieces/1054G?kpid=1054G&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%2520Listing%2520Ads-_-Sales%2520Tracking-_-sales%2520tracking%2520url&gclid=Cj0KCQjwktHLBRDsARIsAFBSb6y5sWoiFJN9VB82o6kfwbnNiS-cWGfOQeigqat-tojhse0Xb2TYZ0YaAvAzEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CM-jm-2qn9UCFU-jUQodXHoCmQ

As I've only recently purchased my set I obviously can't yet comment on their durability, but what I can say is that they're very comfortable to grip and deliver plenty of torque. What I like best is the slim design that allows the driver to reach into nooks and crannies that other VDE drivers can't access. Highly recommended!

It'll be the next set I buy but the Irasola set I have are standing strong. With the advent of RCBOs the slim ends are ideal if you don't want to get your non VDE screwdrivers out. Those screw holes aren't thought of for VDEs are they?

Sticking with my Draper Expert for now. On TELECTRIX original theme- nabbed these in Screwfix today. £10.69 with a ten quid Electicfix voucher so.......69p to the skint apprentice.

20170723_173139.jpg

Reply to Bargain??? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net