Discuss Bathroom lighting and fan query...!! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Still think somehow, you are introducing a voltage at the lights neutral, when turning on the fan. Think you just need to check all your connections are correct.

If your connections are correctly positioned then the only thing I can think is to check is that neutral connections on the DIN rail are correctly connected, if one (probably the incoming) were only just in contact then it may not be able to carry the current of both items, however this would be an extraordinarily precise partial disconnection.
I woudl tend to go for a wiring error myself, check continuity when the circuit is dead to see what you get in different switch positions and see if you have continuity along cores between points.

Reply to Bathroom lighting and fan query...!! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
Need to replace an old Vent-Axia extractor fan as the pull chord no longer works. I bought this -...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just had some electrical work completed in the bathroom; I've recently refurbished the bathroom, replacing the old electric shower with...
Replies
Views
L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock