Discuss Be Gentle in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hiya lads i am new to this forum so be gentle
i am a 45y/o timserved spark i had my own buisness for 15 years and was also a registered gas engineer and plumber so busy. when the trade took a downturn i decided to work for a company and now i am an electrical technician at a local hospital with an FM company and am now an HV and LV ap which can be heavy on the paperwork.
and to top that of i have 8 children so i have been busy
as i said be gentle lads

Hi madspark, sounds like a great resume and interesting work. Lucky you have work, with eight kids. But if mine are anything to go by (7), you will be tough enough for this place.

just to give you an idea of what i now work with
1, 4 x 1.25magawatt 11kv 57.5l v 12 quad turbo standby generators
2, 0.75 Mw CHP
3, multiple supply to imprtant areas
4, ups and ips systems
5, 11kv dual open ring system with 5 dual transformer and 2 single transformer substations
so interesting and always learning (every day is a school day)
but be aware 8 kids from 24 to 6 months

Mhhmm sounds like the real deal. I'm just a simple electrician, well some here wouldn't even think of me as that as I do domestic light commercial. Sounds fascinating. Funnily enough the last part always learning, I still am. My kids are 20-40 years old and still giving me grief, it never ends.

Reply to Be Gentle in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Our house is 150m away from the street. We installed a 600V step-up/down system to bring electricity to it in order to avoid excessive losses...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m a 31 year old mother of two- who decided on a career change in 2019. I completed NVQ level 1 and 2 in college and landed an apprentice job...
Replies
Views
We're primarily an Ev charger installer and although this is going well it does leave us exposed if there is a downturn in the car market. For...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post so be gentle... I've recently decided to replace the MR16 50W Halogen bulbs in the bathroom with 5W LED ones. I'm aware of the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock