Discuss BE very carefull PIRform update in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

buttonmoon

Just a word of warning to any of you that use PIRforrm.
They have an update online to change it in to a EICR but the update didn't work and then they had a load of warnings about losing my reports. Then there is a complicated process which you can't find online but which they will send you after they receive an email. With no telephone support that aint great if you're in a hurry. Now I'm not a technophobe or anything but this took the best part of a day plus another four emails to sort out with the constant fear that one wrong move and I would have lost my certs.
Make sure you make a backup and give yourself plenty of time to sort this one out. I've checked online and I am not alone with this problem
Good luck

Strange, I use PIRform, all updates bar one that was in their earlier days have been okay for me, the one that didn't install properly was my fault.

I had a problem on friday where I wanted to create an EIC from a previous EICR I had done (big 25page EICR 16 boards) but it crashed it, within 5 mins of emailing them they contacted me to sort it, I had to install a program and send them an error report log. I done that, and 2 hours later had an email from them on how to sort the issue. I accidentally deleted the email on my phone that cleared the mailbox, they emailed me how I got on the next day, resent the email to me and all done.

I am very surprised at how they handled your problem.

Hi buttonmoon

That's pretty weird - the PIRform update process is generally very smooth and they help you through it if you get into any problems.

The "worst case" scenario is that you will need to download a piece of software that packages up your certificate database, then you upload it to their website or email it to them. They fix it and send it back to you, generally in under one working day too.

I know this because I'm one of the co-founders of PIRform and I know that we go to a lot of effort to make sure our users are running smoothly. If you've had a bad experience, then please contact me and I'll look into it.

Cheers

Sean

Had nothing but problems with PIRForm not loading after updates no phone support. Taking a few days to get the program back up running. I am not renewing with them

Hi Sean
I'd be more than happy to discuss the experiences I've had with PIRform.
If you PM me a number I will ring and explain

Hi buttonmoon

Thanks, that sounds great. I only just saw your response now and it looks like you're not on the forum now. Drop an email to [email protected] for my attention and I'll get back to you. We can then email or chat through your problems.

Best regards

Sean

I have to agree that the response time from PIRForms is fantastic. Yes, I've had a couple of problems (user generated) and wasn't impressed with one of the updates but things do get sorted.

Reply to BE very carefull PIRform update in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net