Discuss Bending conduit mathematic methods in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

maddfridge

hi all

have any of you gents got the mathematical method of measuring and bending conduit?

never done it like that look and bend and thread lol

we got an apprentice type who wants draw it out etc

anyone got any pointers

thank you all

maddfridge

try the plumbers forum, they (in theory) should use this method for fitting copper pipe, i read how to do it for pipework a long time ago but cant mind the details

hi all

have any of you gents got the mathematical method of measuring and bending conduit?

never done it like that look and bend and thread lol

we got an apprentice type who wants draw it out etc

anyone got any pointers

thank you all

maddfridge

If you have an i phone there is a very handy app called iBend offsets.

i use the above methods all the time, and it is without doubt the most accurate method. ive tried the protractor method but i found it very difficult, so dont bother with that. Also standing on the tube to perfect a bend works, as does putting it in the end of a bit of scaffolding. All easy with practice.

Last edited:
long as you don't buutt end it in the scaffolder

a trick i use to ensure perfect 90deg bemds is to use a square. majke your bend then at the first bit of straight tube after the bend, hold your square to it. measurform that square to the other hald of the bent tube, at the straightestpoint. Then measue furthjer along thetube, as far as youcan on the square. When the measurements match, you have perfect bend. Also, if you have wall at perfect vertical, put your tube against that, and a level on the bend. Also doorframes can be used.

Sorry if your sucking eggs, but maybe usefull to somebody

John

the Apps and pdf on Bending practices are A good idea.
When I was learning to use a bending machine 48 yrs ago( before that I used a wooden bending block, much easier up to 32mm.)
Our employer gave the apprentices a length of conduit and told us to practice with the machine.Practice makes perfect, at the end of the day there was not a bend, offset or suitcase handle that had not been attempted and in some cases successfull. If you needed more practice you had to pay for your lengths of conduit.
In those days it was I will show you once, Take notice and listen. If you could not do it or did not make a reasonable effort you stayed in the house bashers team and could not then transfer to the Industrial section. No one wanted to be permanently be house bashing.
Bending conduit is not an art, it is a practical skill which is easy to achieve with PRACTICE.

lol Power its a Black Art I have a friend who can (nearly) bend shapes ect n fit first time I have to measure check look measure again bend possibly get it right then probably measure again n see where I went wrong

Reply to Bending conduit mathematic methods in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock