Discuss Best cert software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I know there are a few threads out there but it's sunday morning, so I thought it was a steady thread to post.
I am looking for the best software for doing all the certs.
I have a bit of a mixed bag of stuff but really want something that is the bees knees, I know Pirform and easycert can be expensive with the annual renewal but I don't mind the cost as long as it is right for the job.
Murdoch very kindly sent me a copy of one of his certs using Pirform and I was very impressed with the professional look of it.

So come on guys give me some help, I am looking to buy or get some this week
Pros and cons needed, I am not going to review them online because each company are going to big up their own software, I want to hear from guys I trust on here.

Ps remember most of my work is industrial so the software must consist of all the multiple boards etc, continuation sheets etc.

I like PIRform with the drop down boxes etc. The only other software I have to compare it against is the SELECT own software which I found pretty rubbish in comparison. I feel it looks very professional the way PIRform automatically inserts the relevant regs numbers if you have a non compliance on a eicr.

Cheers Carlos, after looking at the cert Murdoch sent me I do like the look and sound of Pirform.
So that 1-0
If there are enough replies it may become a Poll.

Cheers Carlos, after looking at the cert Murdoch sent me I do like the look and sound of Pirform.
So that 1-0
If there are enough replies it may become a Poll.
if you make a poll can you odd home made.

i remeber i did some work for a firm and when they wrote there certs up they were quick

they roughed in test sheets with say cb1 etc from a sheet they had then this was put in computer and was automatically changed in the software to the correct terminology.

Murdoch have you got a link please mate for where to buy it safely.

Also can I use it on all my devices once I have paid for it, due to the fact I have 2 laptops and an ipad.

That is the only thing that has annoyed me slightly about it, you have to buy a separate licence for each machine you install it on.

I had hoped to be able to put it on my toughbook to use on site then transfer to the PC for finishing at home but can't do it without buying a second licence

That is the only thing that has annoyed me slightly about it, you have to buy a separate licence for each machine you install it on.

I had hoped to be able to put it on my toughbook to use on site then transfer to the PC for finishing at home but can't do it without buying a second licence

Dave I have just seen that on the site, yes it is a bit annoying as I have 2 machines but I am trying to think of it as a £ 1.00 a week more for the Premium edition and at least then you are covered for every eventuality. I think I am going to bite the bullet and splash £200.00 on it I can claim the vat back so that's not an issue.
at the end of the day it works out at £3.84 a week over 52 weeks and may just make us look like we know what we're doing!!

Yup, quite agree with this point.

I am a sole trader with 2 computers - surely a single user licence is me, irrelevent of the number of computers I have!

Yup, quite agree with this point.

I am a sole trader with 2 computers - surely a single user licence is me, irrelevent of the number of computers I have!

But from Pirform point of view what is to stop you installing it on your friends laptops and charging 1/2 price

Dave I have just seen that on the site, yes it is a bit annoying as I have 2 machines but I am trying to think of it as a £ 1.00 a week more for the Premium edition and at least then you are covered for every eventuality. I think I am going to bite the bullet and splash £200.00 on it I can claim the vat back so that's not an issue.
at the end of the day it works out at £3.84 a week over 52 weeks and may just make us look like we know what we're doing!!

Impressions count and you will save time too.

I did a small repeat job for a client on Friday, came home, located the previous MWC, copy file, make a few changes, update certificate number (I use my invoice number), print to PDF and send to client with invoice!

That's a good point, once you have an EICR or EIC completed you can create any further MWC or EIC directly from that certificate.
It saves a lot of filling in the same details everytime.

Reply to Best cert software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net