Discuss Best combi drill in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hellmooth

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Looking to get a new combi drill around the £300 range, so many options it's hard to decide what's the best, have a dewalt at the moment but it's a cheaper version and useless, I like the look of the xr range though. Had a Bosch which was decent and have heard good things about Milwaukee.

Seen this dewalt with massive difference in price, anyone has it/got it? How can the price vary so much!?

DeWalt DCD795M2 18V XR Brushless Compact Li-ion Combi Drill with 2 x 4Ah Batteries: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

DeWalt DCD795M2 18v Cordless XR Brushless Compact Combi Drill with 2 Lithium Ion Batteries 4ah : Tooled-Up.com

I have used tooled up in the past and always thought they were reasonable......

Go Hilti if you can persuade the MRS, personally my bosch 18v combi- top series is still plodding on from frequent abuse. I have had it 3 years and it will do a 5'' hole-saw in that disgusting chipboard they put on the floor of new builds. Its been dropped, rained on, thrown in anger and it still works. Torques scary and needs a mans grip.

:tongue3:
Just has NO WARRANTY with out a Serial Number and I aint got a clue if its NEW like the guy CLAIMED

but i did go for the DCD795N (N for naked)

On a personal note,whenever deciding what kit to buy,never begin with a cost budget. Begin with a decision on what level of quality you require,average,good,best...

Then,do your research on the costs, in the sector you desire.

If you fix on cost before you buy,you may get a quality item,on a good offer,or,you may get an expensive lemon.

The list of top kit,in this case,will include Hilti. I have used,repaired and NDT these things for thirty years,and run models from new to a te72, i have loved for longer than my missus,of 26 years!

A myriad of speed changes,leds',side-handles,gizmos and extras,are fine,but cordless tools generally come down to two basics,motors and batteries.

I have never destroyed a motor,without good reason,including the one a crane driver squashed,with the rigger pad of a 300T Gottwald mobile...

The hilti batteries are very dependable. There are plenty with larger capacities,but consistency,is the key with batteries.

I have noted,that two Hilti batteries of the same age (they are serial numbered),will give identical characteristics,and last equal periods,of charge and EOL.

I have also lost count of the number of pals,who have pulled a face at hearing the cost of one of my recent additions,then proceed to outspend me,over the next 2-3 years,repairing/replacing the counterpart.

Note to self; Spend less on class A drugs,and more on tools and gadgets...:wink_smile: (...that's a lot funnier,if you know me...)

Why don't you ask Dewalt UK, if it's counterfeit it might interest them. Sounds like you bought it thinking it was genuine.

Just read this,and there are loads of snide DeWalt around. We have christened them "DeWont",on account of their reluctance to excel...

On a personal note,whenever deciding what kit to buy,never begin with a cost budget. Begin with a decision on what level of quality you require,average,good,best...

Then,do your research on the costs, in the sector you desire.

If you fix on cost before you buy,you may get a quality item,on a good offer,or,you may get an expensive lemon.

The list of top kit,in this case,will include Hilti. I have used,repaired and NDT these things for thirty years,and run models from new to a te72, i have loved for longer than my missus,of 26 years!

A myriad of speed changes,leds',side-handles,gizmos and extras,are fine,but cordless tools generally come down to two basics,motors and batteries.

I have never destroyed a motor,without good reason,including the one a crane driver squashed,with the rigger pad of a 300T Gottwald mobile...

The hilti batteries are very dependable. There are plenty with larger capacities,but consistency,is the key with batteries.

I have noted,that two Hilti batteries of the same age (they are serial numbered),will give identical characteristics,and last equal periods,of charge and EOL.

I have also lost count of the number of pals,who have pulled a face at hearing the cost of one of my recent additions,then proceed to outspend me,over the next 2-3 years,repairing/replacing the counterpart.

Note to self; Spend less on class A drugs,and more on tools and gadgets...:wink_smile: (...that's a lot funnier,if you know me...)

I can relate to this post, hence why this year I'm using the saved money for a new drill instead

Why don't you ask Dewalt UK, if it's counterfeit it might interest them. Sounds like you bought it thinking it was genuine.

Ive emailed them, and the seller. both asking were the serial number is, ie am i missing some thing, with a photo of the side of the drill with the space for a serial number.

emailed the seller again today

[h=1]New message to: fixit_power_tools-uk[/h]
[h=3]I ask about the Serial Number, because without it, it has NO WARRANTY.
I'll Email Dewalt asking about it

[/h]

I would guess, they will get in a HUFF say im trying to con them. i dont mind the drill with warranty just not paying the same price for one with it, so a discount. My odds on are that he will ask for the drill back at my cost and give me my money back and fob it off someone else, saying its NEW and With WARRANTY. And try and blackmail me in to not leaving Negitive Feedback.
I can cancell the payment at any point its on a Credit Card Via Paypal (both are more than willing to stop payments) but while i wait i am missing out on the other REP Dealer on Ebay selling it for £60 with the Warranty.

And great post PEG. The budget was more of a guideline, normally I buy drills around the £150-£200 mark, as I work outside a lot and they can get messy so don't like going to expensive, but was looking to spend more for a better drill as I'll be keeping it for indoor work.

I got a Drill from a friend that was faulty (he said it been to Dewalt to get repair, but out of warranty now)
the motor inside was smashed (not sure if this friends son dropped it) but that fan inside was smashed and flapping about.
All in a sealed metal case, so new motor, keeping a eye out for one.
As the Naked Drill about £50, but they all asking for £45 for the motor!!

So I've brought £8 hope from CHINA that looks and sounds like it could be the same type.

Any way, The drill that was said to been fixed by DeWalt, was no way Fix, i think personally they lied by the looks of it inside.
Dosnt sound that good to me (and then i go and by a Dewalt for the Warranty)

A good Company for warranty is BELKIN (Hubs and power exentions) I had a problem with my Surge Protection on one, so called up, told me they were busy at the moment, to leave my address and they will send me out a New one!
I didnt even prove that id owned or brought one they just trusted me. think after that all cable exentions are belkin, with god like service like that.

Reply to Best combi drill in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net