Discuss Best Drills in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'd go milwalkie (how ever you spell it) makita then Bosch, Bosch are prob better than makita drill wise but I personally think the makita 18v range is good so you can buy additional circular saws etc after bosh are more geared up towards the carpenters trade.

makita BHP-451 is a decent combi drill with plenty of power. drills 25mm holes through joist no bother and if you get some decent masonry bits and you'll be able to drill 5.5 holes through brick or solid lintels all day long. i haven't bothered getting a cordless SDS yet as i don't feel the need for one yet, i have a 240V makita SDS to use for the bigger/longer holes but i don't mind getting out an extension for those it's not that often really

so basically, if you get a powerful combi drill you can do without a cordless SDS!

I've got an AEG combi 18V lith which is my 'everyday companion' and I can't fault it. Loads of grunt and goes forever on a charge. I think they are made by milwalkee anyway. I also bought the AEG 18v impact driver a while later, and that too I can't fault. In fact, as I'm typing this I can't actually remember the last time I charged them.

I use a deWalt 18v lithium ion works brilliantly and battery's are brilliant much much better than the old Nicad battery's. Also use a 240 Makita sds plus drill and a 240 makita angle drill which is fantastic and well built with a metal 90 degree chuck :)

makita BHP-451 is a decent combi drill with plenty of power. drills 25mm holes through joist no bother and if you get some decent masonry bits and you'll be able to drill 5.5 holes through brick or solid lintels all day long. here is the url where i bought
think he's made a choice in the last almost 10 years. 😂😂😂😂

He is probably looking for another one now.
his last one is 10 years old and worn out?!
my AEG 18V is 15 years old. still as good as new. had a new motor after son cored through cement board @ 4". burnt the teeth off 2 4" starrets as well.

If you want budget / cheaper end then screwfix Mac Allister are pretty good value imo , I got a cheap mains sds version and I have used it and abused it on several rewires and it still going strong. Got it on special for like 50 quid.

For drill driving and consumer units I have a makita 18v impact which is a good drill

As @Dustydazzler said above, the MacAllister combi drill/driver is a real bargain. They do a few models but I bought the one with hammer action (some don't have this) to take to my home in Spain where the cost of cordless tools is around double what it is here.
I'm a DeWalt fan, but to buy an 18V combi in my local store in Spain was actually more than double, and a 12V version was €180!
The cheapo MacAllister came with 2 (small) batteries, 2ah IIRC, but I have used and abused it, lent it to friends, repaired railings and drilled concrete block walls etc and it's still giving good service, all for £50. It's so good I will probably buy another one for use here as it is lightweight and ideal for most smaller jobs, whilst being so cheap that I don't worry about it in any way. Frankly, a bargain!
My mates laugh at it...but I don't care!

Reply to Best Drills in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net