Discuss Best Screwdrivers available? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dave the spark

Time to renew some of my Screwdrivers again. The set I'm currently using are Wera which for comfort of use I quite like, problem is 2 of the Pz head drivers have shattered now whilst I've been using them.

Looking for recommendations for the best make out there.

Begin.:thumbsup:

Time to renew some of my Screwdrivers again. The set I'm currently using are Wera which for comfort of use I quite like, problem is 2 of the Pz head drivers have shattered now whilst I've been using them.

Looking for recommendations for the best make out there.

Begin.:thumbsup:
Wiha

like irazola (now bahco) myself. mine have had fair usage and still as good as new. mind you, i look after toools, never abuse them and absolutely never, i mean NEVER, lend to other trades, esp.plumbers.

Thanks Pete, I'll have a look to see how much they'll set me back
Klein look good also but you will need a bank loan to buy any, Milwaukee as well pricey, when I was young before the onset of VDE insulated screwdrivers, the sparkies choice where I worked, Stanley wooden handled jobbies were the in thing they had a strip of insulation between the handle and the blade, not very safe but still got 1 of mine left, sorry I rambled off top just reminiscing with a tear in my eye :oops::Do_O

Last edited:
I've been in the trade for just over 30 years and I still have the same set of screwdrivers I bought back then, ITL insulated screwdrivers, you pay a little bit more but they come with a lifetime guarantee and made in the UK so you can't ever be out of pocket if you use them correctly. I think you can buy them direct or through Cromwell or RS? Still, best tools I've ever owned because I've never needed another set.

I've been in the trade for just over 30 years and I still have the same set of screwdrivers I bought back then, ITL insulated screwdrivers, you pay a little bit more but they come with a lifetime guarantee and made in the UK so you can't ever be out of pocket if you use them correctly. I think you can buy them direct or through Cromwell or RS? Still, best tools I've ever owned because I've never needed another set.
I think I remember those, weren't they issued to the Electricity Board's meter men?

I think I remember those, weren't they issued to the Electricity Board's meter men?

I think the Electricity boards changed the requirements for the tools they can use, my friend who works for UKPN only has ITL tools so it does look like they still have it. I must admit I haven't had a reason to go on their website since I bought a coring knife a couple years back

Sibille for me, look a bit old fashioned but top quality if not a bit pricey.
That's the same outfit that make those 1000volt suitcase tool sets isn't it Westy? to be honest I didn't find any of their tools very tactile, they did last though, I couldn't win my set I was issued with when I was working, pity that.

Another Wiha fan here but I also have a Snap On ratchet driver which gets used all the time for fixings,get's through quite a few PZ2 bits, magnetic too which is very handy. :)

That's the same outfit that make those 1000volt suitcase tool sets isn't it Westy? to be honest I didn't find any of their tools very tactile, they did last though, I couldn't win my set I was issued with when I was working, pity that.
They are 1000v and orange in colour. I agree they are not tactile like some but I am so used to them now anything else feels odd after 20 years.

Its great having decent screwdrivers, anyone out there like me and can own up to always having a particular screwdriver that never sees the head of a screw, only the ball end of a bloody big hammer :hammer:

Reply to Best Screwdrivers available? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net