Discuss Best Snickers trousers? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Have had a pair of 3212 for the past two years and they have ripped apart already. Would still like to purchase a new pair of Snickers as I did like them other than the short time I've had them for. So which pair are currently the best for electrical work? (which of course will last longer than my last ones)
Also what are the newer next generation trousers e.g. 6902?

Go for the floor layers with the bean bag knee pads mate if I was you. The newer ones they brought out recently are a bit snug cos they changed the sizing. Got the ones with zipped pocket on holster and thigh and had to go up a size and they're still tight especially on the legs.

I bought 2 pairs of Tuff Stuff workwear trousers, inc a pair of knee pads each, £60, £15 less than my local place for snickers trousers with knee pads.

A mate recommended them to me, and he is THE FUSSIEST man I know, he said they're as good if not better than snickers and he's been using them 3-4years, so far they seem good as the snickers trousers I've had.

Im also assuming that you aren't suggesting that you expected 1 single pair to last 5-6days a week for more than 2 years lol

i generally buy cargo pants from an ebay seller. much lighter weight than snickers, dewalt, apache, etc. and at £17/pair, can afford to replace every 6 months.

Try Blackladder gear expensive but long lasting

Have had a pair of 3212 for the past two years and they have ripped apart already. Would still like to purchase a new pair of Snickers as I did like them other than the short time I've had them for. So which pair are currently the best for electrical work? (which of course will last longer than my last ones)
Also what are the newer next generation trousers e.g. 6902?

I use the 'floor layers' snickers trousers with the correct knee pads in them. I find them excellent and doubt I'll change to anything else (see link). http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...-snickers-floor-layer-trousers-knee-pads.html

Also, you say you have 'ripped them apart', could you not get them sewed up? I made a rip in the knee of one of mine (seeing as though its Kevlar that was good going) and instead of just giving up on them (they are £90)I found a local seamstress who had a heavy duty sewing machine and she has made them as good as new (with an equally as tough material). It worked out to about £7!

Go for the floor layers with the bean bag knee pads mate if I was you. The newer ones they brought out recently are a bit snug cos they changed the sizing. Got the ones with zipped pocket on holster and thigh and had to go up a size and they're still tight especially on the legs.

I made the same mistake . Sent them back twice for larger size and they are still snug and short in the leg .

I tried on the floor layers at a suppliers this morning they feel like they have a lot tougher material than the Duratwill ones so have opted to go for them. The new Flexi ones look like they are good but are a tad expensive. If anyone buys a pair then let me know what they are like

Snickers floor-layers for me , I'm definitely snickers man but the floor layers last a load longer ! 18months with no title rip is pretty good for me as a pair of duratwil although good when they eventually rip there days are numbered and on average they last up to 12months

I've got site ones from Screwfix and there OK I think snickers are a bit of a rip

I second that. I have two pairs of the expensive Site ones.. They cost around £45.00. They last really well and have decent sized loops on them for drivers, side cutters, etc. Nice and loose fitting too.

Before I got the Site ones I did have a good look around at all the well known brands and couldn't find any which I thought were as suitable for sparking.

Last edited:
I swear by snickers... Still got every pair ive bought for the last 7 years and they're still wearable. Im currently on the ones with the rubber snickers badge on the phone pocket, i have 4 pairs of them and 1 pair without the badge which are older, which i wear week in week out. retail was about £70 if im not mistaken, just wait for arco to have their 2 a year buy one get one free sale on; on snickers pants. Absolute brilliant pants. I think theyve brought a new pair out now craftsmans something.

also i find with the elephant ear pockets you dont need a tool pouch, pain in the arae though looking through what feels like 40 pockets to find a quid for a drink... Lol

Last edited:
I swear by snickers... Still got every pair ive bought for the last 7 years and they're still wearable. Im currently on the ones with the rubber snickers badge on the phone pocket, i have 4 pairs of them and 1 pair without the badge which are older, which i wear week in week out. retail was about £70 if im not mistaken, just wait for arco to have their 2 a year buy one get one free sale on; on snickers pants. Absolute brilliant pants. I think theyve brought a new pair out now craftsmans something.

also i find with the elephant ear pockets you dont need a tool pouch, pain in the arae though looking through what feels like 40 pockets to find a quid for a drink... Lol
any idea when that is? i only registered for a trade account in there yesterday and there price was better than my usual online one (manager special)

Reply to Best Snickers trousers? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock