Discuss Best way for lifting floorboards? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Try one of these

WORX TV - SoniCrafter™

They are a bit slower at cutting than a circular saw but the cutting is much more controlled. An you can a floor board straight across without touching the two adjacent boards. and there are loads of other attachments for all sorts of other jobs.And it comes with a 3 year limited warranty.

Do a search on youtube and see it in action.

Thanks Benji, I am a firm believer of spending far too much on something I may never fully need. I have seen this here: Makita BSS500RFE 14.4v 136mm Lithium Circular Saw 2 x 3Ah Batteries 51mm Depth of Cut & 5mtr PTP Tape [BSS500RFE] which seems good.

Anyone use Makita Li-Ion? Most chippies on site tend to use them.

I have just bought the makita. Paid £219 delivered with 2 x 14v 3a Lithium batteries. Also got a free drill/driver which uses the same batteries although that will be going on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
i either use floorboard chisels and have been known when the seams tight to use my slide hammer ! sounds mad i know but has helped me out and used the screw holes to insert slide hammer screw/anchor.

Reply to Best way for lifting floorboards? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have come to the stage where lifting floorboards by hand saw and bolster is hard work , i have used large circular saws but found them to clumsy...
Replies
Views
R
W
Been working in a big old house, where I needed to lift multiple floorboards for access. Pipes, cables were often touching the underside of the...
Replies
Views
cheeky_blue
C
T
So i was looking at getting a new Makita circular saw, as its about time i got one and i want all of my tools to use the Makita li-ion batteries...
Replies
Views
jon090
J
G
Hi, I was talking to a spark (I am new to the game) and he was telling me about a floor/hole cutter that if its chip board you can cut the hole...
Replies
Views
P

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock