Discuss Best wireless house alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

R & S

-
Reaction score
Hi been asked to add alarm onto rewire of 3 bed house, what's a good wireless system at moment, looking at maybe visonic powermax or pyronix enforcer what's the best
Thanks

I don't have a definitive answer, but was faced with the same choice. I ended up going with a Pyronix Enforcer, the home control version because you can extend it to monitor it from your phone and do other funky stuff if you add an expansion module.

I fitted it back in October and have been checking in with the client, and they've had no problems. The support from Pyronix is pretty good and they have a whole bunch of training videos if you need more information than the manuals contain (to gain access to them, you just register with Pyronix as an installer). They are easy enough to get hold of, I used ADI Global.

Just a case of pairing the sensors, keyfobs and bell with the unit (if you opt for the wireless bell), giving them names and then adjusting the settings for entry/exit, walk through zones etc. and then screwing them to the wall. Out of the box, it can handle two wired zones, I used one for an existing panic button by the front door, that was a bit fiddly as it needed resistors connected across the two wires, but other than that, great.

I guess wireless has come a long way? I fitted a Rresponse solar jobbie back in 2000. It was troublesome.

I think it largely depends on what system you get. I've got two customers with Yale systems (not installed by me)... neither of them use them because they don't work properly.

It remains to be seen long term how good it is, but thus far I'm impressed enough to seriously consider the Pyronix route for my place.

You get what you pay for with wireless alarms.

Would recommend the enforcer also. Solid, professional kit and easy to install. Texecom Ricochet also has an excellent reputation but a bit more difficult to install.

Get cheap tat like Yale or any other bargain bucket alarm and it will be a waste of time for everyone involved.

not had any exp. with pyronic. i use risco gardtech exclusively for wireless alarms. bell and keypad are hard wired on all but the top line system though.

The best?

IMG_2863_zpsktfya6yl.jpg

Can't say I agree with Yale comments - I fitted one recently (that the customer supplied) and I was suitably impressed with it. Simple enough to install and setup, and it's been in for a number of months now without issue.

Does that come with a wireless SAB Haj? have you fitted many? I'm looking at this so feedback would be appreciated.

Yes they do a wireless sab just need to have 1 wired rkp then you can have wireless rkp if you want I've fitted a few not cheap but never had any problems up to now

Just fitted 2 texecom elite 64 wireless the features and add ons are very impressive the setting up and programming are too complicated. I ended up having to install software on a laptop to program it but it does mean I can remote access it. I have now booked up a course to learn it as the installation manual supplied is crap. Unless your a registered installer you can get the full manual. One supplied about 50 pages long full manual 167 pages.
If anyone on here has experience of this panel and wintex can you pm please.

Reply to Best wireless house alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net