Discuss Black Suntech Panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi SRE

I don't think you can as they are not black - They called them Black Pearl but Disney stopped them using the name - They look black on the data sheet but apparently they're not - Try Peter at Oskomera 01543 509680 - There are no 250's in the UK at the moment

Hi SRE

I don't think you can as they are not black - They called them Black Pearl but Disney stopped them using the name - They look black on the data sheet but apparently they're not - Try Peter at Oskomera 01543 509680 - There are no 250's in the UK at the moment

Thanks - I didn't mean the Black Pearl ones, there are some really nice black Suntech 180's and 190's that would be great for our slate roofs and at a sensible price too, rather than paying an arm and a leg for other black panels.

How does that work with Sanyo then? I can sort of see the logic with the black absorbing the heat but I'm sure the BP black panels have the same efficiency as the ordinary ones and REC panels are known to be quite efficient. I think I'd like to just have the henry Ford choice - black or black. I can't keep up with all the different panel changes. Our customers love BP but they've just announced that they aren't going to be distributing once their current stock has gone.

Thanks - I didn't mean the Black Pearl ones, there are some really nice black Suntech 180's and 190's that would be great for our slate roofs and at a sensible price too, rather than paying an arm and a leg for other black panels.
Why don't you install black REC panels? I have bought some from Krannich Solar in Reading and not only they look good but their performance was impressive. Suntech in black are really difficult to get hold of...

Thanks for that we use Krannich a lot but the REC are just black frames, you can still see the blue poly cells. They are good as a last resort but I'd prefer the Suntech black if possible.

Hi guys interesting views on the black panel debate. If you were to do some research you would find a black back sheet affects performance and polycristalline works better in cloudy conditions (UK weather !) google rec photon test and you will we real world proof.

Thanks Fatbloke I've ben using Bisol and they're spot on and their supplier Carbomat is v good too. I was just looking for a cheaper alternative.

Hi SRE, if you are interested in sourcing European manufactured full black panels (245Wp) let me know I can source these for you easily. Price might not be as competitive as Chinese panels but if it is of interest to you send me a message.

Cheers

Hi SRE

Can you give me a bit more info on the Bisol panels please?

Are they well made etc, I was going to get REC but I cant get any 245w or 250w but can get the Bisol 245w.

Cheers

Dave

Hi SRE

Can you give me a bit more info on the Bisol panels please?

Are they well made etc, I was going to get REC but I cant get any 245w or 250w but can get the Bisol 245w.

Cheers

Dave

We like them, similar build quality to REC, great customer care too from the wholesalers and the manufacturer. Ours come from Carbomat tel 01932 895040 or www.carbomat.co.uk they sell REC too - all panel deliveries are free.

Hi SRE

Cheers for that. I have an account with Carbomat but they only have the REC 240w panels so that is why I am going for the Bisol 245w. Do you know of anywhere that has Bisol or REC 250w available?

Cheers

Dave

Guys just to let you know, we are a UK based European solar manufacturer who can provide 245Wp + tolerance panels (black backshet and frames). Although as I mentioned to SRE (SRE I tried to write back to your message but your inbox seems to be full it bounces back!) as we manufacture in Europe we may not be able to compete with the likes of Chinese manufacturers, we will aim to provide a competitive price. Let me know if any of you have any interest.

Reply to Black Suntech Panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock